Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting Characteristics in a Query BI 7.0

I044576
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

Pardon me if this kind of query has been posted already. Please help direct me to the thread or link. Appreciate your patience.

Question:

The customer would like to restict the query which is run by a set of end users to specific Depatment. I understand that the depart must be added as a characteristic. Should this be performed by using the Multi provider level or by creating a Reference Characteristic ?

Any guidance is highly appreciated?

Thanks & Regards,

Vaidya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

VijayetaSharma
Active Contributor

Hi Vaidya,

I suggest to achive this through roles & Authorizations . Define a role for set of users according to their department .

Below is the link help you to define roles & authorization

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/101fb4f5-eb7c-2c10-5daa-b479c47f0...

Thanks

Vijayeta

3 REPLIES 3

VijayetaSharma
Active Contributor

Hi Vaidya,

I suggest to achive this through roles & Authorizations . Define a role for set of users according to their department .

Below is the link help you to define roles & authorization

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/101fb4f5-eb7c-2c10-5daa-b479c47f0...

Thanks

Vijayeta

0 Kudos

Hi Vijayeta,

Thanks for your response. It is helpful.

I would need a more detailed analysis of using Reference characteristic vs multiprovider level access restrictions.

Thanks & Regards,

Vaidya

0 Kudos

Hi Vaidyanath,

You can identify the "Charaterstic" field that contols the department and restrict access to specific departments through Analysis authorizations. The relevant analysis authorizations will be assigned to the users based on your authorization matrix.

Further, access to multiproviders are restricted using S_RS_COMP at the PFCG role level.

Regards,

Raghu