cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc arriving with 10 day delay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team , I am working in a landscape ( R3  --   PI --   FTP )  where different teams are involved. The R3 team just intimated us that they had sent an idoc 10 days ago , and it never reached the target system .So they reprocessed the idoc , through the transaction BD87 and it finally reached target on 07/04/2013 . When I checked, I found out the idoc Eg. Idoc no : 12345678 triggered 10 days ago in R3 system , I could not see the new DATE of reprocessing(07/04/2013) any where. When I searched in the PI system using the same idoc number in IDX5, I did find the idoc , but with the reprocessed date 07/04/2013 .

I wish to know ,

1. when we reprocess the idoc from BD87, does it reprocess the idoc with same NUMBER, or generates a new number.

2. If an idoc s successfully posted from r3 system with status 03, what could be the probable reason why this never reached in PI , and then easily passed the scenerio when reprocessed.

3. Is it ever possible , that it was posted successfully from R3, but simply vanished on the way to PI , with no trace / log , is it at all possble.

Thanks and Regards,

Arnab.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arnab,

>>>1. when we reprocess the idoc from BD87, does it reprocess the idoc with same NUMBER, or generates a new number. 

the same number is trigered ,if you copy and trigger - a new number is generated

>>>    2. If an idoc s successfully posted from r3 system with status 03, what could be the probable reason why this never reached in PI , and then easily passed the scenerio when reprocessed.

Did you select the option trigger IDOC immediately ?

>>>    3. Is it ever possible , that it was posted successfully from R3, but simply vanished on the way to PI , with no trace / log , is it at all possble.

No, Check the Tcode - SM59,SM58 & Queues

Cheers

Agasthui

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agasthuri ,  queries again :

Quote " the same number is trigered ,if you copy and trigger - a new number is generated " : So do you mean to say , it is possible to RE-TRIGGER the idoc :12345, again , without changing the idoc number?

Quote : "Did you select the option trigger IDOC immediately ?" yes , it is alreaday selected.

Is it possible that some support person deleted the queue in SMq2, when it was originally triggered  and so it never further reflected anywhere, and then re appeared when it was re processed from R3?

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arnab,

>>do you mean to say , it is possible to RE-TRIGGER the idoc :12345, again , without changing the idoc number?

Yes,

>>Is it possible that some support person deleted the queue in SMq2, when it was originally triggered  and so it never further reflected anywhere, and then re appeared when it was re processed from R3?

No, If the Queue is deleted, the messages will be vanished...

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check Transaction SM58 at R3 side to check if there are any Idoc entries in error?

If any error entry is there then it will give detail as why Idoc was not sent to PI system.

Reg,

NJ