cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to synchronize ECC master data with GTS master data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We've been using GTS in Prod for 2 years already and just last month I realized that we are not getting any update for BPs that got deleted on ECC.

Suffice to say that there are more than 100,000 customers/vendors that got deleted (both hard and soft deletion) in ECC and are still being screened in GTS (what a wast of time and performance).

1 - Do you know what is the best way to sync this data (make sure whatever was deleted on ECC is also deleted/archived on GTS)?

2 - How can a deletion (hard or soft) in ECC be automatically replicated to GTS?

Thank you so much.

Debora

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debora,

For business parnters, the data transfer from ECC to GTS takes into account the Deletion Indicator, so where that indicator is set (I guess that's what you mean by "soft deletion") you can re-transfer using Transactions /SAPSLL/DEBMAS_DIRR3 and /SAPSLL/CUSMAS_DIRR3 - also available directly from the GTS Cockpit - and should get good results.

If you have already archived the data ("hard delete"), then I guess you won't have the partner numbers.  If you do have a list somewhere, then your friendly developer might be able to write a one-off  program to "transfer" those key fields over to GTS and fool the system into taking care of the deletion.

Apart from including the LOEVM Deletion Indicator in the BD52 "trigger fields", as Dhilipan mentions, I'm guessing that you've already got the data transfer set up ok.  In that case, there should be no need to change anything else.

Regards,

Dave

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Please find below a link to a thread I have posted some time ago and dealing with the same issue:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3242842

When I have posted the thread on SDN, I have written to OSS too regarding this issue, here is what I have been answered:

Please note that setting the deletion flag in the feeder system does notactually delete the Business Partner in GTS, instead when the flag is set on the feeder system, the valid-to date of the business partner (/SAPSLL/PNTBP field DATBI) is set to the date of transfer.

Please see note: 1550011.

GTS do NOT physically delete Business Partners - but keep them in the system for audit reasons - requirement by some countries

Regards.

Mouaz BEN REDJEB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mouaz,

Thanks for this valuable information . I wasn't aware of it..

So, if at all we need the Partner to be deleted from GTS-> We may have to run BUPA_DEL, thats it right?

Regards

Dhilipan

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to "physically" delete them, I don't see any other option than using BUPA_DEL... bear in mind that BUPA_DEL is bugged: it doesn't delete entries in table /SAPSLL/PNTBP...

For the "logical/soft" deletion of business partner, I don't have any solution...

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mouaz,

It's not really fair to imply any "bugs" in BUPA_DEL, only that it wasn't designed to be part of GTS.  After using BUPA_DEL, you should also run program /SAPSLL/BP_DATA_CLEANUP - that takes care of the GTS-related table entries.

But before using BUPA_DEL, you should check that the partners to be deleted are not used in any documents that may still be needed.  For that reason, I didn't suggest it to Debora as a solution for her problem.  Simulating the partner re-transfer is much safer, since the GTS code does correctly take account of the existing documents.

Regards,

Dave

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

You are right Dave, I shouldn't have said "bugged" but rather "not designed for GTS"...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I was finally able to go through change pointers and message type settings and looks like everything is working fine for customer but not for vendor (field LOEVM is not activated). I'll fix it.

Mouaz, your answer was really helpful. Thank you so much.

As you suggested I checked table /SAPSLL/PNTBP and field DATBI is set to the date of transfer. So, for a specific scenario I see that Valid-to date is set as April 01 2013 but this BP is still getting screened. Last screening status is from April 16 (today). If BP is not valid I do not want to waste time and resources screening it. How should I proceed?

Thanks!

Debora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dhilipan and Dave; I'll check it out and let you know if that is what is missing. Sounds promising.

Thank you so much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debora,

For the deletion to automatically reflect in GTS, you may have to add field KNA1-LOEVM-Deletion indicator under the message type /sapsll/debmas_sll in BD52.

I believe, you will have a batch job scheduled for transferring change pointers from ECC to GTS. So, may be this field was missing in message type activation and hence system was not transferring deletions to GTS.

You can check the below link, this gives detailed picture

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0dff8f7-f2c9-2c10-8788-bcacfb0ed...

This will take care in future.

Regarding your existing 100,000 BPs, you can schedule a job for manual transfers.

Regards

Dhilipan