cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x-division sales :: Division "00"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is division (00) that enables cross-division sales (selling products belonging to varied divisions under same sales order).

What is the logic behind to achieve this possibility?

• Does this division have special settings (and what are those?)
  • or, is it technically same as any other divisions... just that we make it as referenced division (under common division settings) so that every other division refers this division (00) for both material / customer master data as-well-as condition records.

Thanks for the clarification.

best wishes,

/V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for the clarification. This discussion and the links / pointers mentions above have been very insightful.

Unfortunately I do not have access to SAP application (jus self-learning SAP) hence cudn't practice on own.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vibhor,

Of of the most important tools in your learning process is IDES (SAP Test system)!

I suggest you procure that asap!

It is available on "rent".

Check Google.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I RECOMEND YOU TO LOOK FOR CASTOMIZATION TCODE VOR1 AND VOR2.

AND TABLE TVTA.

THERE YOU CAN SEE THE ASSIGN OF DIVISION TO SALES ORGANIZATION

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you create sales order for Cross division 00, the products of other division can also be sold

There is no specific setting technically for Cross division 00, it is created in similar way of other divisions

in the common division , you will maintain 00 as common divisions for other division and it will be used reducing the master data

and the master data created on 00 can be used as reference for other divisions

regards,

santosh

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vibhor,

We have lot of threads and discussion on this. If you search with term cross division you will get many results.

For E.g.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/389123

https://scn.sap.com/thread/535366

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ides/helpdata/en/e6/4a6f959e0311d189b70000e829fbbd/content.htm

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Th anks Sai for the links. This clarifies a lot.

so my confusion now is - agreed that "common D. Ch. / Div." avoids the hassle of creating multiple master data instances for various channels / division. How about

1. Setting up of Sales Area,
  2. and, assigning various Sales doc types to eligible Sales Areas?

Do we still maintain Sales Area row each for referencing channels / division? or is it enough create Sales Area comprising referenced channels / division...and still be able to create Sales Order for every referencing channels / division.

br, /V

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vibhor,

Again, you will get lot of answers if you search with sales document types to permitted sales area. If you do this, then the document types are allowed for that specific sales areas.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/0f/feeb47b535d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm

http://scn.sap.com/thread/473316

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1758183

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vibhor,

For Common Distribution channel, common division queries, the best approach (in my opinion) is

- to read the F1 Help, in fields e.g. Ref. D. channel etc. (multiple times and every line; also understand the example given by SAP)

- do tests

e.g.

a. Try to create master data e.g. CMR for non-common division. Is it possible?

b. Try to create a sales order for a Sales area not assigned in IMG>Enterprise Structure>Assignment>Sales and Distribution>Set up sales area. Is it possible?

etc.

c. Try to create sales orders for non-Ref. division. Is it possible?

How about

1. Setting up of Sales Area,
  2. and, assigning various Sales doc types to eligible Sales Areas?

1. All the sales areas that you / your client wants to use have to be created in the above mentioned path (point b).

2. Sales document types are to be assigned to only the Ref. Sales org, Ref. D channel, Ref. Division.

This reduces the effort to assign the Sales document type to the Sales areas.

What is the logic behind to achieve this possibility?

• Does this division have special settings (and what are those?)
  • or, is it technically same as any other divisions... just that we make it as referenced division (under common division settings) so that every other division refers this division (00) for both material / customer master data as-well-as condition records.

There are no special settings for Division 00.

This you can check (by yourself), by going to Enterprise structure, Display Divisions and compare other divisions with Division 00.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai,

I have gone through the links which you have suggested.

Unfortunately, I do not find clear and concise answers (to what the OP is asking).

Furthermore, many members are just "chanting" the same phrase "to reduce master data creation"!

I do not find some relevant business examples, or clear and in-depth analysis / post, conveying the reason behind Common-Division (Ref. division) etc.

I agree that these are not "difficult" concepts and one can by himself / herself understand and discover these. But just giving a link which discusses a theme / subject...which is not very clear or tailored to what the OP is asking...How beneficial is that?

Side comment: I have put forward this question, only in order to understand.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Let me try explain you a bit of common distribution channels or divisions. One of my client's has almost 25 divisions and 5 DC's. Practically, its very difficult to ask user to extend a customer master (I am referring customer master, because its easy and worth to have a discussion) for all those sales areas. In order to reduce the work load of end user also to avoid any chance of missing of extension of customer master, SAP has given a very good option called common DC and divisions.

So, if we create a customer for One sales area ( for e.g. 1000 - 00- 00) it will be applicable to any sales area and customer is entitle to place an order for any such areas.

Hope its clear as to why we need to have common DC and divisions.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai,

Thank you for your post!

There are two parts to my question:

1. Your last post, does it answer any of the four questions posted by the OP?

2. The link you have provided in your previous posts, do these provide answers to the four questions posted by the OP?

I very well understand that "different perspectives", "topic near to the main question", "creative add-on", questions; all add to the process of learning and by all means should be included in a thread.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear TW,

Step by Step config can't be provided in SCN. every Individual has to put some efforts to learn things. Atleast basics which very well can get from open sources. If you look at all my posts to OP, i clearly mentioned that those are few examples. I have answered your question because you were keen on knowing business reason behind it and it was to you only and not for OP.

Let me know if you need any further details.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

What I see is, your explanation will not allow OP to explore on his own way. My only intention of not giving so detailed explanation was to allow OP to have some self learning. Because, we have lot of threads and open sources on this topic.

It is always good to explore on our own and then try to reach out SCN if we don't get answers anywhere. This will allow to save everyone's time and its pretty much recommended by SCN floor leaders,moderators and veterans.

I hope you will not take me wrong.

Regards, Sai Krishna.