cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDI tutorial "Scenario 2+" ,Prep-step "Importing Required SCs" FAILED

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am following the "Preparation" part of the scenario. I've copied SAP-JEE.sca, SAP_BUILDT and SAP_JTECHS to my transport 'inbox' directory - in my case this is C:\usr\sap\JTrans\CMS\inbox.

I checked them all in, then I go to the Transport Studio "Development" tab where they are "Waiting for import", select all, and click Import, and after a half-hour or so of the spinning icon the webpage fails and on re-visiting it each of the three components are marked "Import Failed".

I've restarted my WebAS, and I've removed all these from the check-in and then repeated the steps, same result.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I finally figured this out. See if it works for you. This is on SR1, which states that the SP version is SP9.

I found that importing the scas one by one on SP9, rather than doing a select all, seems to make it work properly. I selected one SCA. Imported, select next one, etc. etc. etc.

When I had two in the queue, the import never finished, but doing them individually seems to work on SP9.

Furthermore,

I did run the template configurator on SP9, and selected the DTR and CBS property file that was available from the installation ( not the one on the SAP Note ) . This worked except for two exceptions that appeared.

I also configured the CBS and CMS according to the installation guide available from the services marketplace. You might want to look at step 2.5 of [ Steps After Installing the JDI ] to make sure your CBS is properly set up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your responses, Thomas. At least I know it works for someone.

I am not able to tell you now if your suggestions will help; my machine was running very slow so I did an orderly shutdown of WebAS and then restarted my PC - now I am getting the wonderful NIETIMEOUT on jcontrol.exe developer stack. So that typically means I need to reinstall the WebAS & Portal, so then I'll need to perform the JDI Install again and then restart this tutorial. (whew)

I know this NIETIMEOUT has been plaguing people since at least SP3, I don't know why SAP doesn't put some fault-tolerance or self-correction in that spot.

ANYWAY, once I get back to where I was an hour ago (with a running WebAS) then I'll try your suggestions and let you know my results.

Again though - thanks for your responses, and just knowing that it is possible to get the import to work helps so I know the technology itself does work.

miker

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running into this exact same problem as well. My situation is that I am migrating a scenario 2 into a 2+.

Scenario 2 works flawlessly, so this behaviour in 2+ is very troubling for me.

You probably don't want to set them as local components, as you will lose the ability to create project and classpath dependencies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am adding a little more info:

1. To re-state, the basic problem is that Import fails when importing the archives SAP-JEE, SAP_BUILDT and SAP_JTECHS.

2. I am running on Windows XP Pro with 2Gig RAM using the Sneak Preview for MaxDB SP9.

3. I have installed the JDI according to the JDI Installation Guide from service marketplace. I could not run the Template Configuration tool since I am not at SP10, but everything else is by-the-book.

In addition to looking for a solution, peraps someone has a suggestion, such as location of where Transport Studio's Import would log error messages etc?

Noting that, in the "Scenario 2+" Tutorial Step 1 substep for "Create a New DC and an Activity" there is some discrepancy that could be part of the problem. In the "Create New DC" dialog that runs, I have 2 checkboxes that are not mentioned in the tutorial steps:

Local Development Component - DEFAULTS TO UNCHECKED

Sync Used Archives - DEFAULTS TO CHECKED.

- When I leave "Sync" checked, the "Create a DC" fails on syncing.

- When I leave it unchecked, I can create the DC, add Interface and Classes, but the "Build DC's" fails with an error comlaining can't find javaLib (which is in the SAP_BUILDT that fails to import); here is the error:

/userOut/Development Component (com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.listener.DevConfListener) [Thread[ModalContext,5,main]] ERROR: tax/calc: Build failed for sap.com/tax/calc(example.org_APPLICATION_1) in variant "default": Used component not found: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/javaLib".

I'll probably try again this time check-marking "Local DC" and it will probably use the SAP_BUILDT from my local (not from DTR where it never succeeds to import). but I think I'll be bypassing the whole CMS if I do that.

==================================

So all you bright young SAPPERS out there, what can you suggest? Has anyone successfully completed this tutorial in SP9?

Best wishes,

Michael Rains

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you looked at the following SAP Notes?