cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix Value Mapping Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am doing a fix value mapping for a perticular field.I am getting a value say Y001 from the client system which i convert it to Z001 in my system. I tested the XML in the message mapping test tab.It is giving proper result.But at the output file i am getting the same value of Y001 instead of Z001.Can anyone please provide any inputs on this.

Thanks

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please chek the imput values..

Sure if you fix the value in Fix Value mapping then you will get the resukt value otherwise empty.

Please see the below links

value mapping - /people/sreekanth.babu2/blog/2005/02/23/value-mapping-replication

Value mapping /people/sukumar.natarajan/blog/2006/10/23/accessing-value-mapping-defined-in-directory-using-java-functions

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/advancedsearch?query=value%20mapping%20in%20xi&cat=sdn_weblog

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/08/valuemapping-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/advancedsearch?query=value%20mapping%20in%20xi&cat=sdn_weblog

Regards

Chilla..

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

amit

check if this link helps you:

<a href="/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/08/valuemapping-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Thanks for ur quick response. I tried to load the XML data into the Message Mapping tab and it is giving me correct result at the output. But in the R/3 system still the same problem exists.

If i go to Environment->Cache Notifications in Integration Repository i can see that all the status of each of the change list are in red which indicates that it has failed.

Is there anyway how to handle this cache issue.

At the bottom of the line i can see information where in its wtitten to see SAP NOTE 780747.Should this be implemented or is there any other method to handle the cache notification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to transaction, SXI_CACHE and do a full cache refresh.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sometimes it helps do change and activate again.

If you have succeeded once to activate the mapping, there should not be a permanent error.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaishankar and Stefan

I did the full cache refresh and also i activated the object again. But still it shows the status as red (Failure).

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you are on the notification list and you mark a line with red button and click: "Repeat cache update for instance". Are there any error messages?

Are any messages on tab "Problems"?

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

make sure, that you do NOT send the origin message to the receiver!

Make sure that you send the mapped message.

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

Check your mapping again as shown in Michal's blog

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-test-your-mapping-in-real-life-scenarios

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Make sure that you have mapped the Source field and target filed with the fix values mapping.If you get the output in the message mapping test tab,you will definetly get the output at runtime.Check your input once again.

Regards,