cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristics Based Overdelivery Tolerance in Production Order - Steel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a requirement to increase the overdelivery tolerance in production orders based on a characteristic value rather than the material value. This is typically required in steel manufacturing. The characteristics or fields are to be picked up from sale orders.

I got to understand from a note that considering underdelivery tolerance from sale orders during CTP or planning run is possible, however the note 663313 doesnt mention anythign about the overdelivery tolerance.

I wish to ensure the following

1. The Planned should not be created if the receipts at each level sum upto to the underdelivery tolerance. eg. under delivery tolerance is 10% and the requirement at a given level of BOM is 100 MT. If the total of stocks is >= 90 (say 92 MT) then no planned order should be created. However if total of receipts (stock + planned or production orders) is <= 90 MT say 85 MT then the planned order should be created upto 100 ie. planned order qty = 100 - 85 = 15 MT.
  2. The production order should allow for over confirmation by 10% (order item level tolerance, both + and -ve)
  3. If the demand is at a DC connected to a production plant then the STR (stock transport requisition) and the STO created thereof should also allow overdelivery upto 10% (only positive tolerance).

Please let me know if these requirements can be met.

Regards

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

We had a similar requirement & there is no solution to this in APO (we use SCM 7.0) as I know, especially during Order creation via CTP (Purch Req from DC's or Plnd Orders direct).

We've gone with a Custom enhancement @ planned order/p req creation & put this feature in.

Good Luck & let us know if you get anything out of the BOX in APO.

Cheers