cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection specifications for qualitative characteristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

At my client, the users want to measure the Pencil Hardness during the quality test. Normally the hardness of a pencil range is from 9H to 9B as shown below.

9H8H7H6H5H4H3H2HHFHBB2B3B4B5B6B7B8B9B

For a particular material, in the inspection plan, we want to specify the Lower Spec = 5H and Upper Spec = 2B

During the quality test, if we record 'HB' it should be valuated as 'Accept', but if we record outside the range, like '5B' it should be 'Rejected'.

And the recorded value, if it is accepted should be passed to batch classification.

I know we can achieve the solution by defining this characteristic as 'Num' type, but the users want to see the value as 'HB', '5B' etc. in the batch classification.

Please let me know how to achieve it? because I don't think we can maintain specs for a qualitative characteristic and we cannot link the qualitative class characteristic with MIC without a selected set assigned to class characteristic?!

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for taking time to answer. I think my requirement cannot be achieved with a single characteristic. I have to create 2 characteristics as per the below link

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=65318&p=197060

So I am going to close this thread as 'assumed answer'

Former Member
0 Kudos
  1. Create Characteristic options in QS41 under Catalog type 1 - Characteristics Attributes
  2. Create Selected Set in QS51 & mention the values with corresponding decisions (Accept / Reject)
  3. So while selecting, Result will come automatic based on that.

But, the constraint here is that, you may not use same selected set for another material, if the acceptance range is different.

former_member211618
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Try by using Qualitative characteristic with selected sets,

Create the selected set (Catalog 1) with required codes 

9H 8H 7H 6H 5H 4H 3H 2H H F HB B 2B 3B 4B 5B 6B 7B 8B 9B

Assign these selected set to Qualitative characteristic MIC with single result option in control indicators.

While result recording user can see the value as HB,5B format.