cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECP outbound queues are flowing pretty slowly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing the issue with ECP outbound queues (Transactional data like updation in purchase requistion, Purchase orders, stock movements..), which are flowing pretty slowly and because of this reason queues are getting piled up and impacting the business.

Issue details:

1. ECP oubtound queues(Transactional data) to SCP flowing very slowly

2. Checked the status of the queues in smq1 and most of the queues are in READY state.

If i manual activate the READY status queue its getting CIF immediately.

We are using the system for last 3 years, we didnt come acroos this type of issue. Recently we have not done any customizaiton or configuration changes in the system. Please let me know if you need any information.

Awaiting for your positive reply ASAP.

Regards

KPN Murthy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

KPN,

1. ECP outbound queues (Transactional data) to SCP flowing very slowly

Well, I don't know what is 'ECP' or 'SCP'.  I assume you are talking about your ECC > SCM processing queues.

This is a very vague question, and there can be dozens of answers, depending upon the exact nature of the problem.  What is meant by 'slow' (transactions per minute)?  Has the volume of transactions to be processed changed?  Was the 'slowness' a gradual change, or a sudden change?  What happens in your quality system, when you test the same volume of transactions?

In general, the Schedular is responsible for processing qRFC transactions in an efficient and orderly manner.  In the source system, SMQS > try re-registering or re-activating the Schedular.

There also may be not enough resources devoted to the Schedular.  Consult with your Basis Group if you think that more resources need to be made available

If the problem is that the destination system cannot process the transactions fast enough, you may need to convert to inbound queues.

In general, read note https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/384077 and also the notes related to this note.  Basis is usually responsible for addressing such matters.

Best Regards,

DB49

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

check "very important logs" in transection CFG1 in your ECC system and see if you have some logs, which are in error there.

also check "very important logs" in transection /n/sapapo/c3 in your APO system for same.

or even you can check in transection /n/sapapo/cq in your APO system.

quite likely you will get to know the reason there why the queues are getting stuck or processing slowly.

Please check and let me know if you find anything there.

Rgds

Sourabh

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The logs will normally be for data that is already sent... If stuck in "ready" status the data was not sent yet.   Are any orders going automatically of the same type?  What about different object types?

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

Yes i agree, logs will be for items which are already send, but asa we know CIF transfer is a sequential transfer and if one queue of any object type gets stuck, it blocks further queues of the same object type.

So that is the reason for asking to check logs, might give some direction of the issue.

Rgds

Sourabh

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

True but then the CIF queue will tell you "Waiting" and it will tell you the queue it is waiting for. 

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, but not the reason why the queue got stuck in first place

Rgds

Sourabh