cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what all contents should a dream SAP SD book contains

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

This is a kind of question which nobody would have expected on this forum but am really interested in knowing your valuable inputs to find out that what would you really love to see in a SAP SD book.

Your true inputs are highly appreciated.

Thanks

Kapil Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP SD means it mainly deals with the transactions in sales and how we distribute the product to customer in several ways.

In sales we come across different types of transactions namely normal order, giving free samples, giving free products, credit , all these not only for a common customer we used to follow the same in daily life,

Once you r in sd u should be aware of the above different types of business processes and their flow from the inquiry to billing.

Also we have to know how to price a product, how much profit we should get.

This is explained by means of condition technique in SAP SD.

As the business process is know, the simple logic is to map the business process with SAP based on the configurations and customizations.

For a layman to enter into SAP he should be aware of Business Processes. If he is having knowledge in sales or marketing sector, it would be an added advantage and for a book on SD it should drive you in an simple and easy manner so that u can navigate through the module , can make configurations and do customizations.

Hope this adds information,

Mohan

Award points if it adds information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

I believe you took my question wrongly. I am a author and by this question i was just tring to find out that apart from the basics of configuring SAP SD what all does a SAP SD consultant expects to see in the SAP SD book. Depending upon the quantum of requests i will try to include topic that in my book.

Anyway, thanks for answering.

Thanks

Kapil Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mohan,

I have given you points for your inputs. On this question each person who is going to reply is going to get points from me as i need more and more inputs from SD Consultants to find out the real topics of interest in the market.

Thanks

Kapil Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about a cross country comparison ?

Thanks,

Janani

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

Some of the Advanced topics which i wish to have in details with business scenario are:-

1.Variant Configuration ,

2.Batch Management,

3.CIN,TAX

Thanks & Regards,

Deepaks

former_member396676
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

It all depends on whom do you want to sell this book?

Like --Experienced/Fresh SAP SD consultant

Aspiring SAP -SD consultant

Person with or without functional experience(SD) or

Person with or without IT Knowledge

OR a layman

I suggest that

1)Pl. include real life scenario and its solutions.Try to cover as many as industrial sectors.pl. focus on that.If you go to any of the SAP-SD teaching institute or refer book,basic information never change.Like configuration etc....

2)Pl find out what information is missing in available books in market and SAP SD Consultant needs on their job.I have not referred any book other than supplied by SAP germany.I don't know what other books contain.

e-book would be added advantage.

thanks,

vrajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In present market, we are having GLYNN C williams which is mostly followed by the sd guyz.

In order to make our book more informative, My opinion is to add information on routines, userexits, enhancements, Steps in LSMW,ECATT.

As in todays environment functional guyz are required to upload the data. Always we cannot depend on technical guyz for every task.

Also I suggest you to include data on system landscape, tansportation of requests so that an sd guy can have a overview of the above.

A brief overview of ALE,EDI,IDOC,BAPI,BADI would definitely add much information to the book.

Mohan

Award information if it adds information.