cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A discussion - Intracompany Stock Transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All.

I have gone through number of links and discussion regarding Stock Transfer Order. I am still left with some doubts.

Say if there is 10 different plants and each plant make stock transfer to each one with SD Delivery and Billing (for shipping). In this case, we cannot make the assignment of Customer&Vendor.

1. Is it possible to route these kind of scenarios through PO route?

2. If 313/315 is used - what about the SD Delivery and Billing.

This discussion and the document provided by Jurgen is helpful:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3185038

Regards,

Lakhya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
why do you think that you cannot do business with each combination and not do  assignment of Customer&Vendor.
we have more than 500 plants and do STO business between all of them, and as it is only possible with  assignment of Customer&Vendor we have of course this assignment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But we can do assignment of only 1 customer. Say, if Plant 1 sends material to Plant 2 and Plant 3, we can do assignment of only one Plant.

Jurgen, how this assignment of many to many works?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please describe where you do this assignment about what you are talking here.

I usually assign a vendor ABC to plant ABC and a customer ABC to plant ABC

I do nowhere assign a vendor DEF to plant ABC in customizing. or a customer DEF to plant ABC.

this is made in document

Former Member
0 Kudos

MM> Purchasing > Purchase Order > Set upSTO > define shipping data for plants > Go to Receiving plant >assign customer here

MM > Purchasing > Purchase Order > Set up STO > define shipping datafor plants > Go to Supplying plant and assign the sales area of receiving plant.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as I already said.

you create a plant ABC

you create a customer master ABC representing this plant

you create a vendor master ABC representing this plant

you assign the plant ABC to the vendor master ABC in XK01/XK02

you assign the customer DEF to receiving plant DEF

you assign sales area ABC to supplying plant ABC

there is no customizing where you link ABC to DEF, this linkage is a business activity, the STO.

there is only one customizing piece where you define the proposal for the document type, in which you do this for the combination of supplying and receiving plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Jurgen. I need to work upon it (I admit).

Concern is, if there are 10 Plants and each of them do STO to each other e.g Plant 1 do STO to 9 others,how to achieve this. Sorry for being so skeptical.

Is there anything for the second question.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP is not a shareware which is restricted to do STO only for one plant until you buy the full package.

And ...as you can only assign one sales area and one customer to a plant, it can logically not be the the customer to which you want ship the material, as this would limit you to just one customer.

further in this customizing step is nothing like what you rote:

"Go to Receiving plant >assign customer here"

or

"Go to Supplying plant and assign the sales area of receiving plant."

There are only plants listed, no matter if they receive or ship.

if you go into the detail, then the customer number that you assign is the plant itself as customer for other plants.

and the sales area entered is the sales area that is used if you ship from this plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"....as you can only assign one sales area and one customer to a plant, it can logically not be the the customer to which you want ship the material, as this would limit you to just one customer."

Correct, this is the concern. If I have more than 1 customer, do i leave this blank?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no, why should plant ABC be more than customer ABC. I already said several times that the buisness is made with the documents and not in customizing.

Let me try to make it more easier to understand (hopefully)

you plant is "Lakhya Pratim Baruah"

you create a customer master for "Lakhya Pratim Baruah"

you create a vendor master for "Lakhya Pratim Baruah "

You assign plant Lakhya Pratim Baruah" to vendor Lakhya Pratim Baruah

this means that this vendor master is used if you purchase at plant Lakhya Pratim Baruah

you assign customer Lakhya Pratim Baruah to plant Lakhya Pratim Baruah in customizing, which means that customer master Lakhya Pratim Baruah is used if you create deliveries to Lakhya Pratim Baruah

And in this customizing step you enter as well the sales area which is used if you ship from plant Lakhya Pratim Baruah

you leave this customer field blank if your plant does not do any STO business.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"hopefully" - Indeed!

My plants are suppose 1000, 2000, 3000.

1000 requires stock, it takes from 2000.

Again, there is a requirement and this time it takes from 3000.

So, I assign Plant 1000 to Vendor 2000 and Customer 1000 to Plant 2000.

Since Plant 1000 already assigned to 2000, how will system determine when STO is raised for 3000.

I will try this in IDES, but before I wanted to know how should I proceed before landing up in a mess......I really appreciate your continuous effort.

By this time, you might be thinking me as a dumbhead......

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, I assign Plant 1000 to Vendor 2000 and Customer 1000 to Plant 2000.

so you will certainly not succeed.

you assign plant 1000 to vendor 1000 and to customer 1000

you assign plant 2000 to vendor 2000 and to cusotmer 2000

you assign plant 3000 to vendor 3000 and to customer 3000

you create a PO with vendor 3000 for your plant 1000

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that makes the chord in my brain strike..... Thanks will try out....

Jurgen, I am not closing this thread as of now...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I have started working on this process. Got one confusion (the first one) - I have define shipping data for Plants. Do I need to enter the Customer no-plant here? If yes, how will it work on quality/prod server?

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I have define shipping data for Plants. Do I need to enter the Customer no-plant here?

Yes ,we need to maintain here

ME21N->VL10B->VL01N->VT01N->VF01->MIGO and MIRO .This is the way ,we need to create .

In ,Vendor , we need to maintain Customer as well in Customer ,we need to maintain Vendor also .Purpose is the OBD ( Outbound Delivery ) will be led by VL10B into VL02N .Here ,if you see Partner Functions ,whatever ,you have maintained Customer in Shipping Data or in PO then It will be replicated into VL02N  not from Vendor Master . This is the reason,we will get only One customer into VL02N  as Ship To Party .You can see only one Field as Customer in PO  in STO Process only with UB Type not with NB Type .

How will it work on quality/prod server?

What do you mean by that Sentence ? Can you put some inputs to understand it .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member215582
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have same customer # in dev, quality and prod system, then once you define customer# in shipping data for plant will be transported all the way to production. If customer # for plant is not same in dev, quality & prod system, then you need to define shipping data as a manual config in each system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How will it work on quality/prod server?

I meant customer number can be different at different servers. replied that it needs to be configured in each server.

I am thinking of making customer with ext no range so that it does not overlap.

former_member215582
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you make customer master no range as external, then you can have same customer no for a plant in dev, quality and production system.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You must use the external number ranges for Vendors and customers. And you may create the same Vendor or Customer in each client as required.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this note too: 498143

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Another question - Why is this config reqd?

Set up Stock Transfer between Storage Location

Suppose I have 1 plant that have Location across the city. I do not want to create Plant as Sloc/Whouse. Can this be done as Sloc to Sloc transfer?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in some countries you need to have paperwork accompanying the delivery , especially if you transport dangerous goods. the most convenient way is to create the papers from SAP like you do it with any other outbound delivery.

In older releases it was only possible to do SD deliveries for plant to plant transfers, with the ECC release you can even do stock transfers with SD deliveries from storage location to storage location in the same plant.

but it is not SAP required to do so.

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We do stock transfer from multiple plants. I dont think there is a need to assign vendor.

in set up stock transfer order we define the customer number sales area dbn channel and division. this last 3 data should be available in the material master of the supplying plant and the customer master of the receiving plant., in short the material and cusomer should be extended to this exact data.

unless you have the item category assigned to del type and item category group in assign item category to delivey type , you will not be able to create a delivery in vl10 b

it will look like NL NORM V NLN   if the item category group is NORM In material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks @Jurgen @Ashok @ Ajit.

@Ajit My reqmt is that I want to transfer stock from one plant to another and e.g I have these three plants 5201, 5202 and 5203. Each Plant should be able to transfer stock to each other. Yes, it is Intracompany.

"NL NORM V NLN" This is already maintained. Thanks again.

Sorry guys for replying late. Will proceed and reply soon with more questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it Mandatory to do the settings for Assign Delivery type and checking rule & Assign Doc type, One Step Procedure, Underdelivery Tolerance for STO within Plant under same CC?

Is this Correct?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you want use SD deliveries, then it is mandatory to assign delivery type.

If you do not want SD deliveries, then an entry made here will result in an error when you do MIGO transfer postings.

The small screen shot with the purchase order type is not mandatory, it is just used as a proposal, but you can certainly create purchase orders without this SPl / Plnt setting.

if you plants are all belong to the same company, then NL delivery type is okay. if the supplying plant belongs to a different company, then it has to be NLCC

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to run the STO scenarios through SD route then you must assign the same in Assign Devliery type and checking rule NL for Intra and NLCC for Inter company stock transfer.

If you want to run the STO scenario thorugh MM route then you donot need to assign it in Assign Devliery type and checking rule.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we are using internal numbers for everything. We are using ALE to distribute the vendors and customers needed for customizing to the QA and DEV system.