cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Near Picking Fixed Bin Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to configure Near Picking Fixed Bin strategy - K.

My Fixed bin storage type is XPA and my reserve storage type is X01.

I have created bin 01-01-01 in my fixed bin storage type where first 2 digits being aisle, the second 2 digits being the stack and last 2 digits being the level.

Also i have created bins 01-01-10, 01-01-11 and 01-02-01in my reserve storage type X01

set up OMLA for the search width per level as follows:

Whse Stype Level SrchWidth

Z00 X01 01 1

- not set up OMLA for Row->Shelf

- run the consistency check in OMLA (report RLOLML02) for Warehouse Z00 and Storage type X01: All Tested Settings are in Order

"According to the IMG help ,The width is viewed as a one-side value, that is, if the width is 3, then the system will include in the search 3 storage bins left and 3 storage bins right of the bin, as well as the bin in the stack of the fixed bin itself - that is, in all 7 storage bins in the current level … If the system finds an entry for a level in this table, the search takes place in this level - independently of the value of the search width - only in the current shelf, that is, the material cannot be put away in another shelf in this level".

So according to my settings, if the fixed bin is full, i would like the putaway should happen in 01-02-01 in storage type X01.

But when the fixed bin is full, system is suggesting bin 01-01-10 in storage type X01.

Any one knows where i am missing?

Regards

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

If Near Picking settings are ok.

Please check the following settings

1) What is the capacity check method defined for storage type(Fixed)

2) Does the fixed bin defined in the material master?

3) Does the maximum, minimum quantity defined properly at master level?

if everthings are fine, please share the screen shot of both fixed and overflow storage types so that i can check and support

Regards

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also check

4) Check whether overflow storage type is defined in search Strategy? This is very important for the system to enable overflow bins

Regards

Siva