cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter error : 401 : unauthorized

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm doing file to SOAP scenario. However when message is being transferred from Adapter to Integration engine its failing giving following error message.

<i>Transmitting the message to endpoint http://XIQASYS:8003/sap/xi/engine?type=entry using connection AFW failed, due to: Received HTTP response code 401 : Unauthorized.</i>

Other than checking the Service Users PIAFUSER, PIISUSER passwords do any one have any ideas how to fix this error ?

Thankx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

Make sure that no user is locked. Make sure in SU01 and also check the administration part of the integration builder. I would also suggest you to double check again whether the passwords in SU01 and exchange profile match exactly. I would suggest to enter these in capital letters.

Additionally also make sure that the user you are using to talk to XI has the role SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER in XI.

Also have a look at the discussion on the same error in the below thread....

Regards,

Abhy Thomas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The adapter's servlet is protected by default. You must use one of the user names assigned in security role xi_adapter_soap_message for component XISOAPAdapter. Please consult the documentation for Visual Administrator to view and change the security setting.

The user authentication of the SOAP adapter is not part of the SOAP adapter but of the web container of the J2EE engine. The default authentication setting is defined in the web.xml descriptor file of the SOAP dapter web application. This setting may be modified from Visual Administrator with some restriction. Please refer to the security documentation for the J2EE engine

Regards

Chilla..

Message was edited by: Jason Lax

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This happens like you mentioned because the PIAFUSER has been locked or has an incorrect password.

Try to change the password of the same.

When you change the password of your service user id's you need to make changes in 2 places,

1. Su01

2. Exchange Profile.

Refer note : 936093 also.

Regards

Bhavesh

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ST,

just search in the forum with Received HTTP response code 401 : Unauthorized . u will get many threads relating to it and will be helpful in troubleshooting