cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline form not automatically triggering inbound handler to upload data

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an ABAP that sends my interactive form to an employee via email.  The employee can fill in the remainder of the form, but when they click on the send button it only re-sends the email to who I have indicated.  It does not trigger the offline handler (my offline handler is called ZCL_IFBA_BOOK_OFFLINE and I do have it in the properties of my form).  I would like it to automatically trigger the offline handler when the employee clicks on the send button so the data gets updated in SAP without someone having to run another ABAP.  I did test my Inbound Handler and it works and updates SAP – I just can’t get it to trigger from the Adobe form itself.

I did configure in SO50, a new line Item for Internet Mail, pdf@mycompany.com, and CL_FP_INBOUND_HANDLER as the Exit Name.  Do I need basis to set this e-mail address up somewhere else in SAP or is their more configuration required?  Any other ideas on what I may be missing?  thx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When the email is sent to the configured email address, do you see the mail entering the system? When you go to transaction SOST, then go to Utilities - Inbox Overview -> there you should see a list of inbound send requests.

In SO50, what is your Document Class, by default it is ICS I think. If so, replace it with * and see if that solves your problem.

Have you tried debugging the incoming email?

Kind regards,

Stephanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janice

Any luck with this, as I have the same issue right now. PDF form goes out perfectly. Input fields are populated and the user clicks SUBMIT. The email returns into the SAP system and SWIA shows the workflows being processed but not completed. I'm also not sure what I am missing as I have configured everything required and so has my Basis colleague.

Kind regards

Gregory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory,

We did get it to work.  It was because our Basis team had not set up all of the components and I just wasnt aware that they had not completed it.  Now when I click the "SEND" button the PDF document goes into SAPconnect: Inbound Send Requests for Processing (tx SOIN) and from here it processes it as per the inbound handler I have on my form (it should be on your Form Properties tab).      I couldn't tell you what all our Basis team did and they are crazy busy right now.    We are not sending it to Workflow -- only sending it back to SAP and then the In Bound Handler does Database updates.  One additional problem we has was that the PDF_INBOUND user our Basis team set up to handle all of this did not have enough Security Privileges to do the Database updates which was in the class, but once we gave it the correct security everything worked great.  Here is something I did up for other's in our organzation -- not sure if it will help you or not.

Testing & Troubleshooting your Inbound Handler for Offline Interactive Forms

You can use the ABAP fp_test_inbound to test your Adobe Form Inbound Handler/Class
interactively.  You would put the location of your form (e.g., c:\temp\myform.pdf) and click execute.  Using this method you can set breakpoints in your class to debug & troubleshoot any coding issues.  (note: if you use this then you will not see an entry in SOIN because it is not coming in through the Inbound request handler).

• The tx SOIN is where you can see if your Inbound Requests have been received by SAP
    (similar to sost for e-mails). 
  • Ifyou are having problems with the Inbound handler you can trouble it by doing a
    trace with tx ST01.  Check All and Authorization
    check for the trace components, turn trace on, send the form to SAP via e-mail,
    turn trace off and the look at the analysis for the user PDF_INBOUND for the
    time frame you sent the form.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janice

Thank you so so much for the help. You managed to help me finally understand how it all works. No workflows needed - i was somewhat confused with the Public Sector Workflows.

In SO50 my exit rule call sequence was causing other classes to go before the inbound handler class, thus nothing was getting processed. I changed the call sequence of the handler class to 1 and now it works beautifully.

Kind regards

Gregory Huddle