cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP6 upgrade on former double stack system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am stuck very early in an upgrade from ECC 6.0 to EHP6. This system previously was a double stack system. I think to have deleted everything that refers to the java part but sapcontrol still has some information of this former java stack.

sapcontrol -nr 10 -function GetProcessList                                                                                

05.04.2013 10:16:15                                                                                                       
GetProcessList                                                                                                            
OK                                                                                                                        
name, description, dispstatus, textstatus, starttime, elapsedtime, pid                                                    
msg_server, MessageServer, GREEN, Running, 2013 04 03 20:21:46, 37:54:29, 127848                                          

disp+work, Dispatcher, YELLOW, Running, Message Server connection ok, Dialog Queue time: 0.00 sec, J2EE status info unavailable,

2013 04 03 20:21:46, 37:54:29, 127849                                                                                     
rslgcoll, Central Syslog Collector, GREEN, Running, 2013 04 03 20:21:46, 37:54:29, 127850                                 
rslgsend, Central Syslog Sender, GREEN, Running, 2013 04 03 20:21:46, 37:54:29, 127851                                    
igswd_mt, IGS Watchdog, GREEN, Running, 2013 04 03 20:21:46, 37:54:29, 127852                                              

Also transaction SMICM shows:

AS Java Server state         = initial

I have done the following actions:

run DLTR3SYS SID(<SID>) JAVAONLY(*YES) successfully

deleted      /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS10/j2ee and ...SDM

/sapmnt/<SID>/j2ee

deleted  the SCS line from /usr/sap/sapservices

deleted all SCS profiles and adjusted the DEFAULT and Instance Profiles to no longer have any reference to java.

Any hint would be appreciated

Fredi Stärk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fredi,

I have never deleted the java stack from a dual stack before, but I'm guessing that there are database references that still exist. Looking at this thread it would seem that you would need to "uninstall" the java stack add-in.

You should consider checking the sapstart and the wp logs maybe you'll find some useful information. If not I think this will be a case of an SAP Message. If you do find some message in the log files you can past them here are we can try to help you out.

Regards,

Yannick C.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yannick,

your thread did not directly help me but drew my attention to the fact that I had not stopped the sapstartsrv of the deleted SCS instance. I stopped it and restarted the abap instance and everything is ok now.

Thank you for your help

Fredi