cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

push notifications for SUP workflow mobile app

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have anyone tried to implement push notifications for SUP workflow applications.

If yes, please share how you did it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had followed the below blog and did the push  notifications.

http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/mobility-platform/blog/2012/06/11/calling-the-sup-data...

-Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Could you please help me if my JSON request format as given below,then how should I handle this in SUP server -initiated point. please replay me with BODY and SELECT MATCH rule.

My Body has the 3 different fields so I am missing a configuration point at server -initiated node.

{"op":":upsert","id":"000011438643","to":"aii","from":"SAP Work Order Approval Workflow","subject":"Estimated Cost Greater than 1","body":"MATCH:SUP_MWF, TASKID:TS00008267, WIID:#000011438643, USER:MKOREPU*#END#*","received":"2013-05-14T13:39:17","read":f

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhumitha,

You have to follow the below steps to configure Push Notification in Workflows.I have tried with Android simulator and it works.

1)Create a Project in Workspace and create a MBO in it.Also create a Cache Group and assign the MBO to it.The Cache Policy should be DCN.Deploy the project.

2)Create a DCN with payload and send it from EIS to the Unwired Server Cache.

3)Create a Server-initiated Workflow and Define the Matching rules and Extraction rules corresponding to the DCN request sent from EIS.

4)Open the Android Simulator and you should get the Notification message with the EIS data.

Best Regards

Manoj

Dan_vL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The Expense Tracking Sample https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-148193 demonstrates a couple of ways of sending a notification to a device.  Here are a few experts from that document.

Appendix C: Using E-Mail Messages to Trigger Server-Initiated Workflows

This appendix describes how to create and update database triggers, which send e-mail messages to either an approver or a requester when an expense item requires approval or has been reviewed. The Unwired Server notification inbox e-mail account is copied (cc'd) on these messages, and sends a workflow notification to the appropriate device user using a distribution rule. You must set up an e-mail server and create e-mail accounts for each device user and one extra account for the Unwired Server notification account. You can use the James mail server, which is an open source POP3 e-mail server. http://james.apache.org/

Appendix 😧 Using Workflow Data Change Notifications (DCNs)

Workflow data change notification (DCN) provides another technique to trigger a server-initiated workflow by sending a DCN message to the Unwired Server. Data change notifications allow MBO operations to be invoked by sending a request over HTTP. Unlike the e-mail technique described in Appendix C, DCN requires each device user to be associated with a unique Unwired Server user ID.