cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculate Before Aggregation setting not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have created a Calculated Column(/Measure) at Analytical View level with enabling of Calculation Before Aggregation setting. Calculation is simple multiplication of two key figures and I am getting correct results when I see data at Analytical View level. This Analytical View is also used in one Calculation View and when I see data at CA view I am not  getting correct results. Its doing aggregation 1st and then Calculation.

Please let me know how can we fix this issue?. Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Nilesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

Please attach the screen shot and explain what you have done in CA view

Thanks

Basha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This doesn't sound related but as an FYI, 'Calculate Before Aggregation' will be ignored if the expression for the calculated measures has dimensions in it.

Not sure though why the CalcView is changing the results... screenshots could help resolve it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basha and Jody,

Kindly find the below attachments for same...

1) CM_DISCOUNT_AMOUNT -

2) CM_TOTAL_RECEIVABLE_GC :-

FYI, I have tried using the direct key figure coming from base table in place of CM_TOTAL_RECEIVABLE_GC but then also faced same issue.

We have combined AN View and CA View in it. And Calculated Column - CM_DISCOUNT_AMOUNT is from AN view.

Thanks,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

I am very sorry,not able to understand to give answer to see above screen shots. But for me calculate before aggregation function displaying correct result in Analytical view and Calculation view.'

If you dont mind.Pplease describe indetail  and with result.

Thanks

Basha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basha,

Issue is solved now. As in BI we use Reference Characteristic while using Exception Aggregation, in HANA we dont have this feature but we should bring such a characteristic till top node of Cal. View.

I did same thing and getting correct results now..Thanks for your inputs..

Thanks,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is "Calculation before aggregation" is allowed in calculated view ?

I am not able to see the option in calculated view.

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can see this option in Analytic view while creating Calculated column but not in calculation view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you explain how to perform calculation before aggregate in calculated view ?

thanks

Answers (0)