SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commited budget carryforward

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Commited values are not exaclty carryforward to next fiscal year,which are showing as negative.We are caryforwarding the commited budget with using of FMMPCOVR transaction ( Key fihure is YE_RESIDU_NCONS) to next fiscal year.Getting mentioned results ,while executing the program ,which are not same as previous year commited vlaues.

Receiver and sender shown in negative balance. Standard reporting also updating negative figures.

Actual balance of previous year :-

Regards

Mani

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you were doing is residual  budget carry froward, If you want to carry forward commited budget (or rather consumed budget in SAP terminology), you need to configure Funds management - Closing operation - closing operation for BCS - Activate budget cayrryforward for commitment, and  Funds management - Closing operation - closing operation for BCS - Define budget entry documents for commitment carryforward. You will then be able to carry forward the cosumed budget along with commitments when you run FMJ2.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi Ming,

We did mentioned settings.

I tried FMJ2 to carryforward the commitments with bsuget. Comitments were carryforward but budget entry not generated. Any other settings has to be perform.

Regards

Mani Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to carry forward residual budget then select key figure as 'YE_RESIDUAL' or 'YE_RESIDU_CONS'.

Suppose if want to carry forward open PO commitments along with Budget then make sure the below settings.

1. Activate Carry foward for commitments - Need to be maintained in 2012 fiscal year. The above screen shot is showing as 2011 fiscal year.

2. Enter Settings for Commitment Carryforward Payment Budget: Make necessary settings for value types

Check the above settings once again and let know if any issue. Also check whether you are using any releasing functionality?

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

I did the 2012 also & execute the FMJ2 ,but commitmets were forwarded but not budget. I do want carry fwd the commited budget not residual.

Regards

Mani Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi

Please let me know the below information.

1. Are using payment budget or commitment budget

2. Using Yearly budget or overall budget

3. Using any releasing functionality

4. Provide the screen shot after execution of FMJ2

5. What is budget category in 'Activate Budget Carryforward for Commitment'

6. Check SPRO setting of 'Enter Default Settings' (select commitment cfwd allwd, Bdgt CF cmt allow)

The above information may help to anylize the issue.

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Hi KTP,

Using payment budget

Yearly budget ( Not activated Multi year functionality)

Releasing functionality activated

Budget category activated for 9F

Screen shots attached

Regards

Mani

0 Kudos

Hi

If you observe the screen shot 2 budget exceed error case, I think budget is not getting released automatically  during the open PO commitment carry forward.

Please try to use automatic released functionality and let me know.

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Thanks KTP. There is mismatching of customization settings.

Regards

Mani

0 Kudos

Dear Sir

Kindly let me know how is the issue got resolved, since I am also facing similar situation

Thanks and Regards

Vivek