cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS: Scan and attach document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement, to have an option for the user to scan and attach the document to DMS in one step.

Currently I have provided the option to attach the documents which are already available in the workstation to DMS. To be specific, a button is provided in transaction XK02 through enhancement. When the user clicks on this button, 'File Browse' popup will be displayed and then the user can select the document from their workstation. This document will actually get attached to a newly created document in DMS. But now the requirement has changed. They want a button which will scan the document placed in the Scanner and attaches it to DMS. So I want to know whether we can scan a document from SAP. I hope I will get a reply soon.

Regards,

Rahul MB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

If you do not want too many complexities and want save money & time (on using 3rd party tools), I suggest you to use Easy DMS.

Install Easy DMS, which is available on service market place, on the users desktop. Easy DMS merges with Windows explorer and you can access DMS system like a mapped drive.

You can scan the document using scanner and when it asks for saving, you can save directly in to DMS system, using Easy DMS. You'll also be able to fill in other properties like doc. type, version,  characteristics, object links etc...

Otherwise, you can refer the link posted by Deepak.

Thanks,

Amaresh Makal

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

You may explore Open Text Enterprise Scan solution. Many customers have implemented it.

You need to have Open Text LiveLink scanner deployed in your landscape along with open text archive server. Perform necessary configurations and things will start moving.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for the reply.

But the customer does not want to go for open text. They just want to scan a document and save the soft copy.

Regards,

Rahul MB

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Such feature is not available directly with SAP. You need to use 3rd party solution to achieve the full solution.

You may refer thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/1234933.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori