cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM37 job frequency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We need to schedule a daily job in SM37, however which is to be run only between specific times (eg. from 1pm to 3pm every 15mins).

As said previously this job should be run DAILY (with a similar pattern).

Any advices how to schedule this kind of job?

regards

Slawomir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Martin_Lauer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should use an advanced job scheduling software like SAP CPS by Redwood which is also available free of charge: http://scn.sap.com/community/cps-by-redwood

With SAP CPS by Redwood you can define time windows and recurrence patterns separately and your josb will run with specified frequency inside the time window only.

Kind regards,

Martin

former_member189845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check out this thread,

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1641334

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can schedule job in SM36 and you can specify schedule time there with period daily. I don't see any problem in that.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but in fact we have two periods in this case: every 15min (between 1pm to 3pm) and Daily.

How to schedule the two mentioned periods in SM36?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These are not 2 periods. 1pm to 3pm is schedule time and Daily is frequency. when you go to SM36 and click on Start Condition, Go to Date/time tab, enter you time details there. After that click on period and select daily.

I don't see any problem there.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, so how you will assure that the job will be run every 15mins between 1pm to 3pm?

I agree I can set the period as Daily however the job will be executed only once at 1pm - not nine times as it should be between 1pm and 3pm (1:00; 1:15; 1:30; 1:45; 2:00; 2:15; 2:30; 2:45 and 3:00). 

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think I did not understand your question clearly.

I have not tested this scenario but you can test it by setting frequency of this job as 15 mins and in Date/Time tab enter Schedule time and also enter Not schedule after time.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've found other option:

good and simple solution is to schedule nine, separate jobs - one for each quarter - and make them run daily. I will try this way.

br

Slawomir