cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation of PTA Process with SAP AII, OER, EM (Masterthesis)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Community Members,

i am wirting a master thesis about product tracing and authentication (PTA) with SAP Solutions. I have accesss to a standalone SAP AII/OER/EM System. The problem is, that I am an absolute newbie on this area but at the end I have to show how a PTA process is working on the SAP System. It is hard for me because I don't know where to start. Therefore I need help and I hope to find some here.

How can I implement such a PTA scenario? Is it enough to have AII/OER/EM systems? Where can I find out which customizing settings I have to do? After researching lots of websites and documents I couldn't find any test scenario which works without RFID-Hardware etc. Is there also a way to simulate other participants of the Supply Chain and show how they authentificate receive products?

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,

Fatih

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fathi Aynaoglu,

I am afraid it is not a simple task to activate the scenario. There are lot of settings that needs to be made on multiple SAP systems(components) like SAP AII, SAP PI, SAP OER, etc and also several pre-reqs needs to be satisfied.

Nevertheless you can use SAP Help configuration guide for the overall Secure Track and Trace process in which PTA is also a scenario. Following is the link for the same.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_autoid70/helpdata/en/48/97137d20bc062de10000000a42189d/frameset.htm

Regards,

Bharat Vaka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bharat,

i know it is not very easy. I just want to make a simulation. Is it then just enough to connect AII via PI with OER? How can the Auto-ID Test tool help me? Can I generate Fake EPC-Manager within the EPCs to simulate Supply Chain Partners. I just want to learn and see how the Track and Trace Process can be followed. What is with ePedigree? From where do I get events like "packed", "delivered" etc to create a ePedigree for Products? Is this information coming also from reading a device? For example is there a tag <event>packed</event> which is sent to AII and the Rule Engine is starting activities?

Thank you!

Regards,

Fatih Aynaoglu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fatih,

Without knowing your system landscape it is had to give any inputs on setting up/simulate PTA scenario.

As you mentioned you where using a companies system(in your response to Kashif) I am sure they might have done some basic configurations, may be for a pilot project, which you can leverage for the simulation.

Please find my email ID from my SDN profile(click on my Name) and send a test email to continue the conversation. You got multiple questions and I believe that communication using this single thread is not going to work.

Regards,

BRV

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Fatih,

Could you please let me know how can I get the Standalone Test system access?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kashif,

I am writing the thesis in a company. They provide me the AII environment. Unfortunately it is not for public access. Sorry.