cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client export

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

When I do a client export, I choose profile SAP_ALL. But only two requests were created after the export finished, KT and KX requests, I cannot find KO request for client-independent data.

So when I do the import on target system, and then run a program, there is an error about missing program. But when I run that program on source client, it run normally.

I cannot understand, it should be 2 or 3 requests created when we do the client export? Or I must to export client-independent data separately and then import 3 requests on target system?

Thanks,

Loc Nguyen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Loc,

Please check

http://scn.sap.com/message/9987083

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1396193

and check the sap note 1070585

Support for remote client copy/ client transport

Best Regards,

Atul

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Loc,

Only 2 requests should get created in client export. One will be for text and other will be for client specific data.

Client independent content does not get copied using client export/import method.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Are there any chances some programs could be missed on the target system when we do the client export/import?

Because when we do the client copy, the tcode can be run normally. But when I use client export/import, the tcode have an error about program missing.

Any idea about this problem?

Thanks,

Loc Nguyen

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Loc,

Programs are client independent and hence will not get copied to target system.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

But before I did the client export/import, I had copied a source client to a new client using remote client copy. And I can run that tcode normally on that copied client. But on the imported client, it did not work.

Regards,

Loc Nguyen

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Loc,

I did the client export/import, I had copied a source client to a new client using remote client copy. And I can run that tcode normally on that copied client. But on the imported client, it did not work.

Probability is that when you performed the remote client copy, relevant programs aleady existed on both the systems. Hence results were positive.

When you did client / export import there could be some programs did not exists before your client copy itself. Hence results were negative.

If you can make us understand about the scenario, it would be good to provide specific solution.

Right now what we are discussion is very generic.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Sorry for making you confused. I will explain my scenario to make you understand clearly.

I have client 800 on PRD, it's source client. Client 700 on QAS is the target client. Besides, I also have client 712 on QAS.

First, I had done with the remote client copy from client 800 on ASP to client 712 on QAS. The process is done successfully.

Second, I did the client export from client 800, using profile SAP_ALL, and import to client 700 on ASQ. The process is done successfully also.

On client 800 on ASP, and client 712 on QAS (client had been copied using remote client copy from ASP) I can run tcode successfully. Only on client 700, client had been copied using client export/import I cannot run that tcode because missing program runtime error.

Do you have any idea about this scenario?

Regards,

Loc Nguyen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please attach the entire runtime error you are getting..

Sometimes, it could be a problem with the ABAP objects that are client specific.

Please compare the client settings of both 712 and 700 and check again.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Loc,

Thank for the explanation. I would like to still know some sample transaction codes which works file in 712 but does not work fine in 700 QAS client.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

1)  When we do client Import-export, depending on data & choosen Profile, 3 files are generated:-

RT <number>:- this file contain client specific data

RO <number>:- this file contain cross client  data

RX <number>:-  SAP scripts texts

Also, Import the  data in following way:-  Cross client-> client specific.

2)   Please read below link for cross client data type:-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/69/c24c4e4ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm

It  is wrong to say:-   Client independent content does not get copied using client export/import method.

Thanks

Sumit

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Refresh your knowledge using SAP  Note 552711 - FAQ: Client copy

14. Why there are still differences between the systems, for instance with the programs, even after I copy with the copy profile SAP_ALL?

The functional scope of the tools of the client copy is explained in Note 24853. A client copy only copies Customizing and where necessary application data. A client copy only copies Customizing and possibly application data. Repository (for example, programs and table definitions) and other cross-client data is not copied and must reach the system via the corresponding transport routes.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Please see excerpts from SAP NOTE# 24853, Cross client content  do get copy by export-Import process... but must only be copied to create a new system. so, We can't say-> Client independent content does not get copied using client export/import method.

Thanks

Sumit

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit ,

Refer SAP Note 445195 - CC ADMIN: Remote copy with cross-client Customizing

Point 1.

The corresponding copying profiles, SAP_RMBC, SAP_RMPA or SAP_RMPC, are only displayed in Transaction SCC9 if there is no protected client in the target system yet.

SCC9 - for Remote client copy  and not for Client Export/Import.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Below screenshot from SAP NOTE# 24853, suggest cross client data can be copied via both method i.e. Import/Export & Remote copy

Thanks

Sumit