cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD-EDI new outbound message type

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to configure a new  extension IDOC type (which will be used in WE20) and a new outbound message type, I want to go by SPRO path, does any one knows?

I checked SPRO\ALE and I didn't find which path links to WE20/WE21

Let me know this is the correct forum to post

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

New message type is not needed if it's just an IDoc extension. Google 'IDoc extension', there are lots of information already available. Some programming will be needed to populate additional fields - there is no magic, unfortunately.

Also you might want to read a bit more about the IDocs. A book by Arvind Nagpal (see Amazon) is a great resource, but if it's unavailable, then google 'IDoc cookbook'.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check following paths in SAP Easy Access:

• Tools - ALE - ALE Development - IDoc - IDoc Type Development - IDoc Types(WE20)
  • Tools - Business Framework - BAPI Development - ALE Development - IDoc - IDoc Type Development - IDoc Types(WE30)

I how you are aware, for extending an IDoc

1. You need create a data element in SE11.

2. Then creating a reference segment in WE31

3. Further Create IDOC Extension using WE30

Also, you use WE20 for partner profile and WE21 for Port definition.

For expertise on technical information on Idoc, you can refer your specific queries to ABAP Connectivity

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to create a new basic IDOC type ZIN02 from INVOIC02, WE20 can't do it, can you check?

also I want to populate segment E1EDP30 with a specified qualifier, how to do with SE11?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To create a new IDOC type from INVOIC02

1. Go to WE30

2. Click on Extension radio button. Give the Obj name as ZIN02

3. Click on Create Icon

4. A new pop-up window will appear. By default, CREATE NEW radio button will be selected.

5. In the field of LINKED BASIC TYPE, give the basic type INVOIC02

6. Enter the description and press enter

7. It will show the new IDOC type ZIN02 with all the segments. Click on save.

To populate the E1EDP30 with specific qualifier, you need to add the qualifer value to the domain EDI_QUALFR associated with the field QUALF in E1EDP30.

1. Go to domain EDI_QUALFR

2. Click on Goto->Fixed value Append

3. Give the append name

4. Enter the description and new qualifier value.

5. Save and activate

Use the IDOC USER-EXIT EXIT_SAPLVEDF_002 to populate segment E1EDP30 with a specified qualifier.

Cheers

~Niranjan

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

WE20 and WE21 are End User transaction, you can find them in EASY ACCESS

path:-

SAP MENU-->TOOLS-->ALE--->ALE ADMINISTRATION-->RUN TIME SETTINGS-->WE21 PORT MAINTENANCE

Attached the screenshot

please check and revert

regards,

santosh

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to create output type use NACE and you can even check under SPRO- SD.

Regards, Sai krishna.