cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QGM Vs ChaRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a very basic quesion, why do we need QGM when CHaRM is there? i know QGM has QGates..etc , but we do have a Phases in CHaRM.

Any example usecases , when to use QGM than ChaRM?

-RAM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Layman term. I could always say this,

QGM for ensuring the quality of your developement and release management.

Charm is only workflow of your release and change management, though it has quality control of prio development , kind of approval board, But QGM is for quality control on not only on process but also complete quality control on your development, at the end of each phase.

QGM controls the delivery date, as well as, if the delivered product code is not with the quality, it wont allow to pass the gates, until all approved, (again its two level approval. after end of the each phase)

Now QGM running on top of Charm, this brings the real world use cases, Where the developement is watched by the quality control board.

The blog shared by Prakahr is the finest one, almost shared all about qgm and charm integration.

Please check.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar/Jansi,

thanks for your reply, i will go through the blog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Shall we also say that QGM doesn't require configuration as like ChaRM.

Let me know, if QGM requires any configuration.

Thanks.

-Mani

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Its a bit difficult to explain like this but I am giving a try

Quality Gate Management is for

• Establishing Project and Release Management based on Quality Gates
  • Quality Gate Maintenance with SoD(Segregation of Duties)
  • One source of truth to avoid and manage risks of application changes in a project

This in addition to what ChaRM offers

so it is as per customer requirement and knowledge of person who understand whether for a particular customer ChaRM is sufficient or QGM is also required

useful links

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2011/11/07/faq-on-quality-gate-...

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000931972011E

Hope it helps

Regards

Prakhar