cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Second Productive Environment with TDMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I've been reading through blog and  guide, that its solely purpose is to create non-productive system.

Is it possible to use TDMS to create second productive environment? What is the limitation?

Here's what I want to achive:

• SAP Production System A (Holding company) consists of 100 company codes
  • One company B (subsidiary) decides to leave the holding, but still want to access their own data
  • It is decided that the subsidiary will then have its own SAP system containing their data, while Holding Company will delete all data consisting of company code B

My current idea will be using TDMS with holding system as sender system and new productive system for company B as receiving system.

What do you think?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sandeep_Kumar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This business case fits into another product namely SAP Landscape Transformation, you can find more details here help.sap.com/saplt

My understanding is that you want to do a company code deletion for Holding company and company carve out for subsidiary.

BR,
Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any difference with SAP TDMS?

Does the result will be the same?

Regards,

Sandeep_Kumar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes, TDMS has different use case than LT. TDMS is mainly used to create training/quality/test systems with reduced data sets.

If you want to know more about the Data deletion and Clone approach, you can send an email to slo.consulting@sap.com