SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Base Amount Issue during Invoicing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

We are using external tax engine for our utility implementation. I just invoiced two utility types (division e.g. electricity and gas) together but when I checked output/results in FPL9 (Document >> Taxes) as well as DFKKOPK - it calculated taxes for both using one single base amount (i.e. it combined elect and gas charges to calculate taxes). Now - in FPL9 - it did create one single FICA document with sub line items - and when I check their individual amount - it shows correct tax associated with each utility type but it doesn't show me those lines or amount in the table DFKKOPK. Now, this used to work for me around few days back and suddenly there seems to be some changes. I need separate tax base amount and separate lines in DFKKOPK for electricity and gas else our audit file transaction (FPTX) will not work correctly. Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards.

4 REPLIES 4

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Check event R413. In here you can overwrite the Tax detemination functionality used in contract billing or bill creation. 

You can replace the Tax code for the net amount of a billing line determined in the standard system, and also divide up the net amount and charge it tax in different ways.

In Invoicing, this event is triggered before the CA document is created from the consumption billings and the print document lines are structured.

Also check event 1110, which creates the G/L items for tax on sales/purchases (structure FKKOPK) from the information in the business partner items (structure FKKOP, fields "net amount" and "tax on sales/purchases code").

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan but my problem is - this used to create different lines for electricity and gas before but now it just combines everything in DFKKOPK. I have very strong feeling that this is because of some SAP note or config change we did. Also, is there any to create different FICA document specific to each utility type rather than creating only one?

0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Are you currently using the joint invoicing functionality for invoicing the contarcts?

Go to Transaction  ES21 and check in the Billing relevant data section what is the value of joint invoicing.

If the value is 1 or 2, then the joint invoicing functionality is active and that's why may be the line items are getting combined in DFKKOPK.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan 

0 Kudos

Nikhil,

Event R403 can control the invoices being grouped into one FICA document.

Regards,

Yuvi.