Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clubbing / Consolidate PPDS Planned Orders to Production Orders in APO

former_member1230066
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

Appreciating that the Production Order has to be triggered from PPDS such that the dates and time of the DS run be captured while executing the production order in the shop floor

I need further advice on how we can consolidate / club a set of PPDS Planned Orders while conversion in APO to a production order as PPDS Planned Orders would be many for same product due to lot sizing maintained in the product master .

Could you please review the above statement and advice .

Thanks and Regards ,

Prashant Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashant,

You can merge the orders if you are using a container resource. if not, then i would suggest to commend that part out of the code and use the same as it is.

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can see his point...

You may want smaller planner orders so that the optimizer can schedule other orders in between to minimize delay, total lead time or whatever...

But then some planners may decide at time of production to "consolidate" some of these planned orders into 1 production order.

I am not sure if APO PP/DS can "group" or "consolidate" multiple planned orders into 1 production order at time of conversion?

Ken Snydr

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah. there seems to be no system role here

if the planners are going to decide at the time of production.. then they can consolidate.. create a new production order(or change one planner order and convert it) and delete the bunch of planned orders they want to replace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the reason that you maintain lot sizes in the product master? Do you really need them?

How should the consolidation be done?? All orders for one product which are scheduled in a sequence?

Cheers,

M

former_member1230066
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael ,

There is a business requirement to produce in small lot sizes hence we get PPDS Planned Orders in Small Lot Sizes .

Yes all orders for one product are scheduled in a sequence and reason for consolidation is due to large number of PPDS Planned Orders generated , thus we need to consolidate the planned orders to form one production order .

Request you to review the inputs and support .

Thanks and Regards ,

Prashant Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I'm not sure if I get the point here.

You want to "produce in small lot sizes" but also you want to consolidate the planned orders into one production order because the number of planned orders is too large.

If you consolidate the orders you won't 't have the benefit of producing in small lot sizes any more.

Let me put it that way: What would happen if you wouldn't respect the lot sizes from the product master while planning?? Would it be a problem?

Cheers,

Michael

former_member1230066
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Michael ,

You are absolutely right , but trust we are with a customer where the ease of user at the shop floor ie production order stage is very important , we are fine as of now to forgo the lotsize parameters at the production execution end .

Thanks for your support , please revert if there is a way to club the PPDS Planned Orders to consolidate into a production order .

Best Regards ,

Prashant Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you trying to make it with fixed lot but want to produce only multiples of the particular lotsize?

if so you can set the lot for lot option, min lot size equal to lot size and rounding equal to the same lot size.

This will give you the same effect if my first statement is a good guess