Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI to File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

Greetings!!!

I am new for XI, pls help me to sort out the queries given below:

1. Can u all help me out for step by step procedure to be followed for BAPI to File Scenario. (Guide me all configuration step to be performed in R/3 & XI)

2. Also, pls tell me how to configure BAPI in ALE (I am using BAPI_GOODMVT_CREATE)

3. Also, guide me in Value mapping in XI. (Eg: if the value is A then it should call BAPI_GOODMVT_CREATE, if the value is D then it should call BAPI_GOODMVT_DELETE and if it is U then BAPI_GOODMVT_CHANGE) - Give me code if it is necessary in case of JAVA mapping.

I will appreciate you for quick response and solve my probs.

Regards/Guru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello guys,

I have a Bapi->XI->File scenario. The file is created correctly, but the BAPIS are being sent synchronously, so we have to return something to R/3.

The problem is that the FTP doesn't return anything and the payload is empty and we obtain the message that payload can not be read.

Do you know what to do in the response mapping to avoid this error?

Regards,

Xavier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

<i>Can u all help me out for step by step procedure to be followed for BAPI to File Scenario. (Guide me all configuration step to be performed in R/3 & XI)</i>

1) Go to transaction sm59.

2) Give some name.

3) Connection type TCP/IP.

4) Activation Type Registered Server Program.

5) Give some programid. You have to use this program id in RFC sender communication channel.

6) In gateway host give the host name of R/3.Give gateway service.

Before testing this connection create a RFC sender communication channel in XI.There specify the parameters like R/3 hostname,program id created above, authorization credentials for R/3 etc.Then activate the communication channel.Then test your TCP/IP connection in R/3. You have to test connection only after you create RFC CC in XI because it will go and check for the program id in XI.

You will need to schedule a JOB in your R3 system that will call the RFC during every time perdiod.

<i>Also, guide me in Value mapping in XI. (Eg: if the value is A then it should call BAPI_GOODMVT_CREATE, if the value is D then it should call BAPI_GOODMVT_DELETE and if it is U then BAPI_GOODMVT_CHANGE) - Give me code if it is necessary in case of JAVA mapping.</i>

Your requirement can be easily met using the Extended Reciever determination that we have...

Here actually based on condition from the message in the payload u can assign your receivers..

Below is the steps to do the same...

Under Receiver Determination --> Configured Receivers --> Specify the 2 receivers and beside the same you have an option called condition, there you specify the condition on which it has to go to the first system and then the condition on which it has to go to the second system.

When you click on the codition it will open another window (Condition Editor window) under which you have a Left Operand which when you click will open up another window(Expression Editor window), there for your need you check on the XPath radio button and then click on the field whose value you wanna check from the structure that it displays, when you click on the field it fills in the XPath Expression, then click ok.

After that it takes you back to the previous window(Condition Editor window) with the Left Operand having the XPath Expression, so all you will have to do is to fill the Right Operand which is nothing but the value you want that field to contain.(For Example if a field "A" that you have selected which comes in the XPath Expression in ur Left Operand,has a value "1" in your Right Operand)

There you also have an option to put in an "and" or an "or" condition if required(For Example if you wanna check if "A" and "B" is satisfied or it you wanna check if "A" or "B" is satisfied, this can also be done)

I also suggest u to go through these blogs..

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/03/xpath-to-show-the-path-multiple-receivers

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/06/07/customise-your-xpath-expressions-in-receiver-determination

If you have any doubts or clarifications on the same, please do ask and i will tell you how to proceed.

Regards,

Abhy Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhy,

I really appreciate for your quick response.

Please tell me, is it mandatory to create ProgramID' s and use TCP/IP connection in R/3 for using BAPI-XI-FILE scenario. In few threads they mentioned that we can directly import BAPI in Integration Repository..Please justify this.

Next, In the case of Value mapping, u have suggested about using conditions in Receiver Determination end. But, my requirement is, suppose if the Value in a field is "A", it should be directed to create a Purchse order for goods movement (i.e., BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE), similarly if the value is D, it should be directed to delete that Purchase Order for goods movement (i.e., BAPI_GOODSMVT_DELETE)... so, pls tell me how to map to initiate BAPI in R/3.

Also, please give some Idea on "Movement Type" for BAPI like 301..

Thanks & Regards,

Guru...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru,

Please tell me, is it mandatory to create ProgramID' s and use TCP/IP connection in R/3 for using BAPI-XI-FILE scenario. In few threads they mentioned that we can directly import BAPI in Integration Repository..Please justify this.

when use RFC adapter then we need PID in our u will use RFC adapter so you require it.

Yes we cant import BAPI directly .

Regards

Sreeram.G.reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru,

>>Please tell me, is it mandatory to create ProgramID' s and use TCP/IP connection in R/3 for using BAPI-XI-FILE scenario. In few threads they mentioned that we can directly import BAPI in Integration Repository..Please justify this.

The configuration for sender and receiver RFC adapter are different. Incase of a sender RFC, you will need PID but not for receiver. In both the cases, you have to import the BAPI/RFC into IR. Follow the steps by Abhy to complete the configuration.

>><i>Next, In the case of Value mapping, u have suggested about using conditions in Receiver Determination end. But, my requirement is, suppose if the Value in a field is "A", it should be directed to create a Purchse order for goods movement (i.e., BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE), similarly if the value is D, it should be directed to delete that Purchase Order for goods movement (i.e., BAPI_GOODSMVT_DELETE)... so, pls tell me how to map to initiate BAPI in R/3.</i>

Guru, How do you achieve the different functionality of creating and deleting? DO you have separate RFC? If so, have the condition in Interface determination (have 2 inbound interface) and 2 mappings.

If I am wrong in my assumptio, let me know the details...

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumarguru,

Please check the below links:

/people/sundararamaprasad.subbaraman/blog/2005/12/09/making-csv-file-lookup-possible-in-sap-xi

Hope the above links will give you more idea...!

Please let me know if you have any queries...

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumara,

Check this thread

and blog

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

i hope it helps you,

Regards,

Ramesh.