cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IORDER01 - RMA order vs. Equipment status change

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sending an IORDER01 idoc from ECC to ME, when it arrives in MEINT it is being changed to message type IORDER01_CHG_EQ_STATUS.

Can you tell me which idoc field MEINT uses to determine that this IORDER idoc is a change to equipment status instead of the import of an RMA type Shop Order?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Alli,

As per application help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_me61/helpdata/en/b7/52f33a242f4479961aaf1833bf9e94/frameset.htm

IORDER01 IDoc is used for 'the transfer of equipment status data from SAP ERP to SAP ME to change the status of resource or tool number in SAP ME to Scheduled Down'.

Missed your update above.

Best regards,

Alex.

Message was edited by: Alexander Teslyuk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

We're still having the problem... the root of the issue is that the IORDER01 Idoc is used for BOTH equipment status update AND the creation of an RMA shop order in ME.   The system (MEINT) seems to keep defaulting to change the equipment status and we can't figure out how to tell it that we want to create a shop order instead.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi Alli,

Looks as if the design doc lied to me. The current logic is based on /E1ORHDR/SERVICE field: if set to X, then it is taken as RMA, otherwise it is Change Equipment Status.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy - You're right, MEINT is using the /E1ORHDR/SERVICE field and I think we've resolved our problem....

Here's what we did...

Originally, we were having issues getting the IORD transaction to send the idocs at all. In order to get the idoc to be created we had to add user statuses to be used by the service notification/order.  We followed the instructions here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/0e/830b378a50fc5be10000009b38f839/content.htm

After we added and implemented the user status, we were able to generate an IORDER01 IDoc, but the message kept coming into MEINT as message type IORDER01_CHG_EQ_STATUS instead of IORDER01 (used to create an order.)  This is when we began searching for the field MEINT uses to differentiate between an Equipment Status Change and an RMA Shop Order.  Which we found to be the /E1ORHDR/SERVICE field mentioned above. 

The idoc we were sending from ECC did not contain that segment at all, but we found a note (https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1572373) that describes implementing it.  Unfortunately, the note did not work for us, we got an error message stating the "customer is not allowed to perform this action."  We opened an OSS ticket and were instructed to follow the process below:

1. Implement SNOTE 1786863 ( this makes changes to allow for change and also creates RBDSAPSEGMENTEDIT. )

2. Run program  RBDSAPSEGMENTEDIT with E1ORHDR to activate the allow change

3. WE31 to make the change

4. Register the object to get access key

5. save and release change

6. SNOTE 1572373

7. Run program RBDSAPSEGMENTEDIT  to deactivate

After this was done, we were able to see that the idoc segment was being generated in ECC, but was not coming over to MEINT.  Re-starting MII cleared the cache and allowed us to receive the new IDoc segments. 

End Result:

Successfully received an IORDER01 IDoc into MEINT that was processed and became an RMA Shop Order in ME.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Alli,

Per the design, it is E1ORHDR\RSORD field.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it based on whether or not that field exists?  Or that it should be populated in a certain way?  I'm trying to create an RMA type Shop Order from the IORDER01 idoc.  What should be in that field?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The IORDER01 doesn't seem to have that field - do you know if it was added in a later release of ECC?

I am on 6.0.4

Found a note to implement it -

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1572373

Message was edited by: Alli Davidson