cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10 Role Derivation Errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We are configuring Business Role Management in GRC AC 10 and are coming across the following errors when trying to generate a derived role:

1. Role Description Cannot be Updated

2. Unable to submit derived roles

We have configured the technical role to allow derivation. For the role description, I've tried with and without a description and still receive that error. It also turns out that the derived role does get created in the back end despite it not being added in the front end.

I have attached a screen shot including derivation errors and the PFCG record in the back end.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Stacey

1717776  - GRC 10.0 BRM - Role Derivation does not work

This Knowledge Based Articles details your error message and provides a recommendation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stacey ,

For your issue "Role description cannot be updated " please implement the note 1735705.

This notes belongs to SP 10 , and if your system support pack is below SP10 , it will help to resolve

your issue .

Regards,

Swati Bhatt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Colleen and Swati. We have just upgraded to service pack 12 which didn't resolve our issues. I also tried to import / derive like recommended in 1717776 but i get an issue with generation because "role description cannot be updated." Any other feedback is appreciated.