Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Mobile Using BI 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apologies for the basic question.

We have installed BI 4.0 and now want to try out Mobile BI 4.0. I need to understand the steps to do this.

I have found the mobile Mobile install manual but not too sure if relvant as I have also read that BI 4.0 comes mobile ready? The Mobile install manual and other blogs discuss install ".war" files, specificially 3 of them. Is this required?

Secondly once this is setup could some provide help on how to display a Web Intelligence Document on an iPad. From what I have read, which I am not too sure if correct the WebI document displays unedited on a iPad but surely some conversion is required.

Many thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Leo,

I have found the mobile Mobile install manual but not too sure if relvant as I have also read that BI 4.0 comes mobile ready? The Mobile install manual and other blogs discuss install ".war" files, specificially 3 of them. Is this required?

What you have found is correct. BI 4.0 comes mobile ready. so there is no seperate installation required. However, the configuration part depends on exactly which version of BI 4.0 you are on.

Its different in BI 40 SP2, If you are on BI 4.0 SP4/5, there are no hassles.

MobileBIService.war , MobileOTA14 and MOBIServer.war files are all in Mobile14 folder.

Only in case of BI 4.0 SP5, they will be predeployed. In other cases, you will have to manually deploy them under tomcat6/webapps folder

MobileOTA14 is used when you have to deploy Blackberry or symbian mobile

incase of ipad/android/iphone/tables only MobileBISErvice.war file is required

MobiServer.war file is required in case of explorer only

Secondly once this is setup could some provide help on how to display a Web Intelligence Document on an iPad. From what I have read, which I am not too sure if correct the WebI document displays unedited on a iPad but surely some conversion is required.

Once all is setup from the Server end ( i.e the war files are deployed ), the you download the SAP BI app for ipad from the istore. Once done, you will have to configure it to connect to your SAP BO server. detail instructions will be in guides available at help.sap.com

No conversion in case of webi or crystal reports.

Dashboards ( xcelsius ) only supported from BI 4.0 SP5 onwards

hope this helps

regards,

Atul B

vincent_pisano
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Atul!

I updated recently my installation SAP BI4.0 from SP6.6 to SP10.3.

The Mobile was right running, with my Android SAP BI4 Mobile client, and others, in SP6 .

After the (successful) installation of SP10 and patches, My client SAP BI Mobile is able to connect and see the list of documents, but not refresh them, nor Import.

I tried to re-deploy MobileBIService.war , and and MOBIServer.war (I have no MobileOTA14), without success.

The test connection with browser (http://serverbi4:8080/MobileBIService/MessageHandlerServlet?message=GetVersion) is always "Successful".

Have you some (precios) suggestion?

My server platform is Linux RHEL5

thanks in advance,

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

Would request you to open a new thread for this.

As others would benefit from the same.

Let us know what errors do you get, while refreshing the content.

The version check is to also, confirm which version of war file is deployed. So let us know the same

Regards,

Atul B

vincent_pisano
Explorer
0 Kudos

It's right, Atul.

I created a new discussion about:

Thanks.

Vincent

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Leo,

i have sort your problem as following points

1.Your problem is whether deploying the war files or modify the files in the war.

Ans. a) You have to deploy two important files i.e "MOBIServer.war" and "MobileBIService.war" into tomcat ( these deploy doesn't need in SP05 as it predefine in the tomcat itself ) and

b) Have to modify "mobi.properties", "clientsettings.properties" in MobileBIService.war and "server.properties" in MOBIServer.war.

2. Regarding whether webi report are need any conversation of any other format.

Ans. There is no need to change any report format as it is inbuilt in the app if your are using SAP BO MOBILE APP

3. How to view report from Lunchpad/Infoview and why need to have a folder in categories.

Ans. After deployment is successful you need create the folder in the categories in both personal and corporate bcoz as i answered in the first question that we have to modify the "mobi.properties" in that a line of  code mention where to view the files path.

I hope these will help you cheer  

Thanks & Regards,
Vishal.Guthula
Business Object Consultant
SAP Associate Certified

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After deploying Mobile BI in our environment, I am able to view Webi documents in both iPad and iPhone.

I am also able to view Dashboards (created using Xcelsius, and published as Mobile) in iPad, but not able to do so in iPhone.

Is there such limitations?

Is there any documents that detailed this?

Rgds

Rusyinni

Former Member
0 Kudos

the feature of dahboard on iphone and android phone is still under development

it should be in BI 4.1 .

Regards,

atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thks for the update.

SAP has replied the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rusanto,

yes there is limitation with dashboard,you cant view in Iphone or android phone, there are many reasons one of the best screen size. if need detail i can explain in very detail.

I hope these will help you cheer  🙂

Thanks & Regards,

Vishal.Guthula

SAP Associate Certified

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Need more information about it as i have tested in 4.1 i didnt get in iphone or android phone but i got in both ipad and android tab.

Thanks & Regards,

Vishal.Guthula,

Business Object Consultant,

SAP Associate Certified,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thks for the reply.

I tried with BI 4.0 SP6 in Android tablet, and unable to see the Xcelsius Dashboard either.

So, can I confirm for Android tablet, only available in BI 4.1 as well?

Rgds

Rusyinni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Rusyinni,

it is available from BI 4.1

however, for iphone and android phones, i am still unsure about the same

it may be in later version of BI 4.1, but for now, ipad and tablets do support dashboards

Regards,

Atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rusanto,

Yes it is working on android tab but it is little complicate to configure as it not easy as simple configure as ipad do.

Thanks & Regards,

Vishal.Guthula

SAP Associate Certified

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

Appreciate if you could point me to documentation that will setup for Androi tablet.

Thank you

Rgds

Rusyinni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rusanto,

Thank Q but sorry it will takes some to make me my personal document unless pointing SAP notes or others who i tested its works or not but,i will share ASAP.

Thanks & Regards,

Vishal.Guthula

SAP Associate Certified

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Leo,

With respect to your question regarding "How to display a Web Intelligence document on iPad?" It is very simple -

1. You need to change the category of the Web Intelligence document created to mobile.

2. This can be done in Infoview/ BI Launchpad-

a. Go to the documents section

b. Search for your the Web Intelligence document that you created.

c. Right click and select categories - expand the categories displayed -

Former Member
0 Kudos
CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Leo,

If you upgrade to BI 4.0 w/ SP5 the WAR files are automatically deployed, you just need to set-up your mobile device.   This also helps you support the latest mobile functionality when you download the latest mobile client on your Tablet.

SP5 has support for HTML5 Dashboards.

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the information!

With regards to setting up an iPad is there any documentation on this? Also, do you  know of any documentation on setting up WebI on iPad.

I am aware that Design Studio can publish to iPad but not too sure how to convert WebI report to iPad or is it as previoously thought it just shows as it?

Many thanks