cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO and WebDynPro (Java)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I went through a lot of posts regarding 'how to implement the SSO with WDP app'. But still clueless.

Can somebody please tell the steps needed to make my WDP application authenticate the 'logged in' user from the SSO login.

What I know is -

1. That I need to put some 'certificate' information about the SSO Ticket issuing system in my SAP-J2EE Server using Visual Admin.

2. and once the user is authenticated by SAP-J2EE server, the information of user can be easily extracted by writing few lines of code in WDP !!

The first problem I faced was that I couldnt find the SAPSSO2 ticket on my machine (though it should have been generated once i log in to my SAP EP).

And secondly i dont know from where to pick up the certificate which will be put in SAP-J2EE settings thru Visual Admin.

Please Help !!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Refer to the following blogs which gives you more idea about SSO.

<a href="/people/dennis.kleymeonov/blog/2005/09/15/connecting-sap-systems-to-enterprise-portal-with-sso SAP systems to Enterprise portal with SSO.</a>

<a href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/09/15/quick-guide-for-setting-up-sso-between-ep-and-r3 Guide for setting up SSO between EP and R/3</a>

<a href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/11/30/user-mapping-based-single-sign-on Mapping-based Single Sign On</a>

Regards,

Jhansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

The Enterprise Portal SSO mechanism is available in two variants depending on security requirements and the supported external applications:

• SSO with SAP logon tickets

• SSO with user ID and password

Please let me know which process you want.

regards

Anil Dichpally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow, Thanks Anil for such prompt response.

And i would be interested in whichever is easier to implement . No restrictions.

I guess SSO with SAP Logon Tickets.

Can you please tell in detail about this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

Single Sign-On using SAP logon tickets without user mapping

1)Users must have the same user IDs in all SAP systems that are accessed via SSO with SAP logon tickets.

2) If the SAP user IDs are the same as the portal user IDs, user mapping is not required. You need to perform the following steps:

a) Configure Portal Server for SSO with SAP Logon Tickets

b) Configure SAP Systems to Accept and Verify SAP Logon Tickets

SAP logon tickets contain information about the authenticated user. They do not contain any passwords.

logon tickets contain the following items:

• Portal user ID and one mapped user ID for external applications

• Authentication scheme

• Validity period

• Information identifying the issuing system

• Digital signature

1) Download verify.der from keystore of the portal

2)Upload verify.der in Tran: STRUSTSSO2

3) Check that the following instance profile parameters are active

login/accept_sso2_ticket is 1

login/create_sso2_ticket is 0

If you find the information useful please give points.

regards

Anil Dichpally

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure why we need to upload the verify.der file (using tran strustsso2) in SAP system.

I guess this file must be uploaded somewhere in J2EE engine since engine will be the entity which will be accepting the tickets generated by SAP EP. Right ??

One question :

How do i download the file verify.der from portal ?? where is Keystore of portal ?

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

You are trying to connect R/3 from EP,so obviously R/3 is accepting tickets so the certificate needs to uploaded in R/3.

Coming to the point where can we find the certificate

In system configuration you can find the keystore.

I dont remember the exact path.

Regards,

Nagaraju Donikena.

Former Member
0 Kudos

system configuration role