cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact person partner determination in billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I want to send the billings by mail to the address of customer master contact person:

I´ ve made the following configuration:

In  trans. VOPAN in billing header I´ve created the partner function ZF,assigned partner type AP and the account group 0001. I´ve assigned the partner function ZF to the partner det. procedure FK and partner det. procedure to billing type ZFA1. Also in VOPAN customer header I´ve assigned the partner function ZF to the partner det. procedure AG. In customer master => sales area => partner functions, I´ve created de partner function ZF and assigned de contact person number I want to send the mail.

But when I create a billing type ZFA1 the partner fucntion ZF does not apear in the billing header partner, only appears the partner functions sold to party, bill to party and payer. I think it´s something about partner type AP beacause if a create a partner function ZM with partner type KU it work.

Please help.

ECC 6.0 sql server 2005.

Thanks in advance.

Teo Pérez

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Contact customer should be assigned for the sales order header first and after you maintain Parter determination for Billing header, the contact customer from Sales header will be determined into Billing

Contact customer will not automatically determined without it being determined at the sales order header

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you´re right, after assign contact person to the sales order header it is determinated correctly in the billing.

Thank you very much.

regards.

Teo Pérez.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member322617
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I can get the output for CP to work for Order confirmation in VA01 and for billing output in VF01, but I cannot get it to work for delivery confirmation, I get this error when creating the output in VL02N.

Partner 1323 does not exist for partner function AP

Message no. VN006

Diagnosis

Partner does not exist for the partner function selected for this

transaction.

The partner 1323 have been created for AP as it works fine with order confirmation and billing output, so I do not understand the error, does anyone have any idea what I am missing ?

Thanks and best regards

Pernille

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In this scenario your copy control only copies the partner function available in Delivery and sales order. it does not redetermine here . so how come it will fetch the new contact person in billing document.

So better you need to assign in in sales order and copy from there to delivery and Invoice . else you can do assign a new routine in copy control for checking the partner function from customer master  in invoice . but it may harm in business where ever many partner function mentions in customer master. Need so much testing.

So check you requirement and do the setting .

Hope it will help you.

Regards

Pitabash

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Teodoro,

first create a contact person and assign the same in the contact person tab in the customer master then you have assign cp in vopan to sales document header and billing header. so that it will popoup while raising billing document.

regards,

sambasiva

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether the contact person is populating in SO or not (at header level)? If yes, check whether your partner determination at billing header.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check whether you are getting Partner function in Customer master ----Contact Person Tab ---Partner Function. Can you try same thing using Contact Person Partner function CP and let us know if it still didn't get determined in billing.

Regards

Amit

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

When I do as you have suggested I get an error message:

"Partner XYZ is not assigned to a partner function"

Message no. F2190

What does this mean?

How do I rectify this error?

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

We have to do bit of conifg. First define CP as a partner function @ SPRO - SD - Basic functions - Master data - CP.

Now, go to XD02 (Any of the customer master) - General Data - Contact person tab, here give the Name,First name and function as CP. After this, go to Sales area data - Partner function and enter function as CP, system will prompt you to give number, for this number you will get the name which you have provided at contact person tab.

Let me know if i am wrong here.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi T W

Adding to Sai Comments, Contact Person in SAP has altogether different configuration.The moment you add Contact person in Customer master and save it,it automatically assigned to internal number range,You can see relation between customer and contact person in KNVK table and intresting point is Contact Person Does not have any account group so the Question is from where does it is picking Number Range? and the answer is in Configuration ----VPN1, We can maintain number range over here with AP. This AP is further assigned with Business partner CP which we assigned to partner determination of customer master.

We can create/Change/Display Contact person through VAP1/VAP2/VAP3

Regards

Amit

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

Your posts are a pleasure to the (SAP Functional consultant's) brain!

Many thanks for the explanation!

Added:

1. In my client system, I see the entries maintained in table KNVK.

For the same Contact name (e.g. Peter M), for multiple customers; there are different Contact person numbers!

This is different from other partner functions (e.g. SH)

The same SH, when used in different customers; the same SH number can be used.

Why is this so (w.r.t. Contact Person)?

2. Can the same contact person be used for multiple Customers?

In the case of a consultant (adviser) to multiple customers, it is possible.

Could you please comment on this (question 2), from business perspective?

Side comment: I am doing some tests. I shall update, if needed.

Message was edited by: T W

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks T W

Contact Person Master data maintenance is exactly same as Customer master data.In KNVK we are maintaing Contact Person General Data(Similar To KNA1)  where as in KNVP we are assigning partner function. To answer your 2nd Question- Yes we can assign same contact person to multiple Customers but for those customers,there is no no need to create General Data ( KNVK entries).We can assign Contact person  only as partner function.

KNVP Table

Note- If you assign one contact person in multiple customers then you will loose the visibility of relation between Customer and contact in KNVK table.You can get it only by using KNVP table.

The same SH, when used in different customers; the same SH number can be used.

Consider this case also ,we assign only ship to number in different sold to party,we are not creating any general data of ship to party again.

Moreover KNVK Table is Different than KNVP Table and the reason is Primary Keys, In KNVK Table we have only two Primary Key Fields ie. Client and Contact Person Number which means One Contact Partner Number can only be assigned to one customer where as in KNVP we have Client,Customer1,Sales Organization, Distribution Channel,

Division,Partner function,Partner counter, So let say One Sold to party can be assigned to Multiple Ship to parties/Contact person - in KNVP Table SAP Increases the partner counter by 1 to avoid duplication whereas in KNVK table there is no such provision.

KNVP Table

Please let me know for further clarifications.

Regards

Amit

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear TW,

Yes, Amit has explained it very well.

In one of my implementations projects, I was asked to have one contact person to multiple customers. Let me explain you business scenario:

X - my client is the supplier India's Heavy electronic manufactures. This manufacture has many plants. In SAP we have created them as various customer masters. But, for all these customers the contact person was supposed to be one. Since, that person is SME and POC for such type of machineries. So, in order to have clear visibility we played a bit with the name of the contact person or some times with his role (Ofcourse by taking client confirmation after explaining the logic behind it)

I hope this will pretty much fit into your question.

Regards, Sai Krishna.