cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete a partial HANA DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

I'm using the On-site configuration tool (hanaconfig.sh) to create an additional database on my HANA appliance. I ran into several problems (e.g. lack of file permissions), that caused me to start the process over several times.  The latest problem was a permission denied on /hana/data/51045150/DATA_UNITS/HDB_STUDIO_LINUX_X86_64/hdbinst. After granting the necessary permission, I started the hanaconfig.sh tool again but now I can no longer enter in the instance number and the data and log paths because the tool reports they're already in use.  There is no restart ability in the tool that I can see so I cannot resume the DB create process from the point of the previous error.  I cannot use the tool to delete the database because it doesn't appear in the list of additional databases for me to delete.

How can I (manually?) delete the "partial" database so I can add it again?  Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks and kind regards,

Rex L. Farris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rex,

you can try to use the hdbuninst executable manually. See if the instance show up when you run it as root without any options. hdbuninst is in the ../DATA_UNITS/HDB_SERVER_LINUX_X86_64 directory.

Regards,

Serge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Serge,

Thanks for the prompt response.  I executed the hdbuninst program as you suggested and was able to delete the database instance.  I then ran the hanaconfig.sh tool again and successfully added it using the original parameters.

Thanks again.

Points awarded.

Rex

Answers (0)