cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server 2008/2012

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to built JDBC receiver scenario for uploading data into SQL Server 2008 or 2012.

What are the details that i need to input in JDBC receiver channel and what details should i be asking the vendor for connecting their server.

The vendor had never heard of the word JDBC driver. Is it something standard for SQL server.

How about the connection * is just IP enough as i see there are other details provided for oracle or as400 server.

Please clarify.

Regards

Anandh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might want to see this thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1716669

Jdbc is a java based adapter and so search for drivers instruction document in SCN. There is no big change. What PI version do you use? If you use Pi 7.0 then you need to use jdk 1.4 and the respective supporting jdbc jar for the MS SQL Server. If you use PI 7.1 and above you will use jdk 1.6 and so the respective jdbc jar for the SQL Server. Also go to microsoft site to identify jar that runs in the appropriate jdk (java) version. You can search scn for the connection string. Hope this helps.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

thanks for the replies,

I just noticed that there is an existing scenario in our environment which uses sqlserver 2005.

My new scenario will be based on sql server 2008 or 2012.  Based on this, do i need to deploy any additional driver files or can i use the same.

I can't do the POC yet as the sql system is still not yet installed.

We are using PI 7.1.1 sp05.

Please advise

Regards

Anandh

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anandha,

Agree with all above points and in addtion to those see my comment aslo.

As your scenario is MS QSL Server please use the channel settings as below screenshot;

Regards,

Sreeni.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anandh,

You need JDBC driver,Connection, Data base user name and password details.

Before that you need to deploy JDBC drivers on PI server.

Search in SCN.

Thank you,

Raj