cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop substitution once substitute material totally consumed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD Gurus,

Lets say we have two materials; A and B, I made material B substitute to A with a limited quantity of B. Once quantity of B has all been consumed, I need the system to stop substitution automatically even if the validity end has not yet been reached. The standard behavior of the system is that it substitutes A by B first, then it runs availability of B and tells the user that B is not available

Is there a standard way to achieve that

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked strategies - A or B. If not, you may need to go for a routine at your material determination procedure ( which I feel its difficult to write a logic)

Regards, Sai krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I checked strategies A and B, but unfortunately they just control whether the substitution is made automatically or by user dialog, and whether a sub-item is generated or not

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found a solution that can solve the issue

When creating condition record in VB11, Material A is set as 'Material Entered', and B as the substitute material, and substitution reason is 0006. Then in the alternative list (Go To > Alternative Materials), we set B as the first alternative then A itself as the second one.

During order entry, after entering material A; the system finds a substitute for A (which is B) but with zero quantity. Thus, it searches for the second alternative, and finds it A itself. Finally, it creates two lines of A with the requested quantity; first line is not relevant for delivery or billing (Item Cat. TAPA), and the sub-item is the one that would be delivered and billed (Item Cat. TAN)