cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Materials have Company Scope?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I would like to know the use of Company field in SC_Materials sheet of Company Workbook. That column is present in database and am not able to find it on UI and when ever I am giving a Company and importing it , Company value is storing in Database. So checked if at all materials can be scoped to users belonging to that particular company  but thats not happening and all the materials are being visible to users of different company.

Thanks

Uday

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

data segregation based on the company assignment will apply if companies are bound to separate subcontexts.

Hope this helps ?

regards,

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

The value for the column Company references the EXTERNAL_ID field of a Company which is defined under 'Companies' in the Master Data object.

This value is optional when you are creating and/or importing Material data.

If you are populating a value in the Company column in the Material import, do you know if the import is successful without and errors/warnings ?

Regards,

Parankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

I am aware of the External_ID field ,  and when i am importing with Company Column , there is no error being thrown , would like to know use of it  and guess the company is not visible on UI even for you..

Thank

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

I am aware of the External_ID field ,  and when i am importing with Company Column , there is no error being thrown , would like to know use of it  and guess the company is not visible on UI even for you..

Thank

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

That is right. The Company field on the material object is not visible.

Regards,

Parankush