cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Custom tables with the SLT from MSSQL Database?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can I use the SLT to replicate custom tables from a MSSQL Database?

We are playing a little bit  with HANA and trying some scenarios. Currently we have loaded the Microsoft Contoso demo Database into a MSSQL 2012 Server. Created the database connection within transaction "dbacockpit" and installed sap specific tables and triggers to get reporting and statistic in the dbacockpit transaction.

Now the HANA Part:

With transaction LTR we connected hana with the MSSQL Server, Everything fine 😉

But we cant choose any tables in the HANA Model Studio to replicate/load. There are also no trigger created.

But in the corrosponding schema there are Tabels DD02L DD02T, but they are empty.

How can i choose tables to replicate to the HANA Database?

or do i need a BO DATA Service solution?

Best regards,

Felix Haverkamp

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

This looks like a question of  whether your NON SAP system
is a supported source system

What is your SLT system version. Hope it is a Netweaver 7.02 with the add on

DMIS_2010_700 component. and is on SP04

In a scenerio of  connecting to the non SAP Source system

There has to be a permanent database connection to the SLT server

Your MSSQL license should   cover such connections to third party(SAP SLT server)

Also Technically since the SLT system is an ABAP system connected to your DB

The OS/DB restrictions  of your 7.02 NW system still apply

So check whether the
OS/DB  combination of your non SAP source
system is supported In service.sap.com/pam

It is nice and Good luck with your adventures !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our SLT is installed on SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.31

Version of the DMIS is DMIS 2011_1_731.

Like i said, MSSQL Connection work.

Meanwhile i made a little progress:

i created a CSV-File with following content:

Contoso, factonlinesales

when i open the HANA Studio and click on "Data Provisioning" on the "Quick Launch"

i cant choose tables, but i can import a table name definition. Imported the CSV File and got a table on the right list "selected". I can finish the assisstent and start replicate. The table factonlinesales is created in the Contoso schema on the HANA. Only the table definition is replicated. But no data is replicated. And the replication jobs are broken.

Any suggestions?

Best regards,

Felix Haverkamp

schfer_christian
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Felix, have a look into the dd02t and dd02l Table. The display of the tables in dataprovisioning depends on your localisation language. You can select it in

HANA Studio -> right click on System -->Database User Logon-> Additional Properties.

In my case i need to chose English for localisation.

If there are no entries in the Tables, you can try Note 1751323.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly try installing the the MSSQL client software on the SLT and schedule the Monitor Job to run every few mins as desired. this can be done using tcode LTR on SLT.

Do try the above and update about the status so that an alternate solution can be investigated.

Regards

Shaik Arshad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

It would depend on your business requirement or what you would like to achieve these are a few options. Please check the following document for more detail

www.saphana.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/2859-2-8558/Dataprov4saphana-com-final.pptx

SAP LT Replication Server

SAP LT Replication Server (SLT) is positioned for real-time data replication from SAP and non-SAP sources (SAP supported data bases only)

• Mainly recommended for real time data replication business scenario

SAP Data Services

SAP Data Services (DS) is positioned for batch load-based data replication from non-SAP sources and SAP sources (with complex ETL requirements)

• Mainly recommended for batch type data replication business scenarios

SAP HANA Direct Extractor Connection (DXC)

DXC is available as a simple option in batch mode for data replication from existing SAP Data Source extractors (ERP) into SAP HANA.

• Mainly recommended for batch type data replication for stand alone HANA business scenarios

Other Data Provisioning Options

Sybase Event Stream Processor (ESP) * : will be available for replicating real time event streams from Sybase ESP (CEP) into SAP HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

SLT is mainly for interacting with SAP systems

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagannatha,

thats not right, SLT also support all SAP NW supported databases as non-SAP source systems. We have customer connecting over 40 different non-SAP sources over one SLT to replicate into HANA.

Best,

Tobias