cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM Dashboard - views based on user roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

The PPM Dashboard allows users to have dashboard views of his choice by selecting the required paramters to show on his dashboard. It's also possible that the adminitrator defines the dashboard views which is common for all users.

We have a requirement where users are required to have dashboards based on the user roles. As a result, of the 50 parameters (let's say) a user, based on his role, would have only 20 parameters displaying on his dasboard. It's required that this user (based on his user role in the system) does not get to see the remaining 30 parameters, at all.

Possible? Any more inputs....

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is possible define dashboards views admin and dashboard views user, but the user can modify the admin views( adding columns, deleting.. Filtering) and convert it in a user view( only for his user) and can create other user views with the columns you don't want to they see.

Imagine: there is a standard view A

User 1, dont modify it --> he displays view A

User 2 modify it but save with the same name--> he displays view A ( that really is a user view)

Then you would need to check if it is possible not give authorization to create user views.. If not I think your requirement cannot be achieved with views in a standard way.

I think you can evaluate user fields authorizations. You can define for a user based in their authorizations(admin, write, read) if he can display, modify or not display a field.

not sure if i helped you...