cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help: Communication to Presentation Server in Background Mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am trying to create a RFC connection (Sm59 RFC Connection) to Presentation server by following this Document.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9831750a-0801-0010-1d9e-f8c64efb2...

Now i am struck at the 11th page and looking for the help...

As per the Doc "In your local machine look for SAP Folder usually located in the ‘Program files’ folder and open ‘SAP GUI’

folder. In that open ‘RFCSDK’ folder and Copy ‘SAPRFC.INI’ file from the TEXT folder to the BIN Folder"  But here i am unable to find the RFCSDK folder.

any body has tried this earlier? any help will be greatly appreciated. if have any document related to this please forward to kishorech99@gmail.com

Thanks

Kishore Cherukumalla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

You will get the saprfc.ini file in the Presentation DVD from where we install SAPGUI.

Within the DVD look for following path ..\GUI\WINDOWS\WIN32\SapGui\rfcsdk\text

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak, Thanks for your response.

i also found there only, but it will not be useful... can you tell me where we can get this file after the installation of SAPgui in the SAP GUI run directories.

I think the file should be in the SAP GUI run directories (in C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui), then only it will be useful.

Thanks

Kishore Cherukumalla

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

This file is not available until you install it using some options in SAPGUI installation. With normal GUI installation option it does not get installed.

I assure you that the if you copy the file form the location mentioned in my response and copy it to bin it should help. Make necessary modifications in this file as per document.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I re installed the SAP GUI with all the options as mentioned in below, but i still i am unable to find that RFCSDK folder. i dont like to copy that manually .... but that could the final option, i will try that also.. will update you soon,

Thanks

Kishore Cherukumalla

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

There is no harm in copying this file. Go ahead and do it.

There is no other way to get this file.

Regards,

Deepak Kori