cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Update Shipment Details in Outbound Delivery Header (VL02N) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to know how to update the following Shipment details of an Outbound Delivery.

LIKP-VSBED  Shipping Conditions
LIKP-TRAID   Transport ID            
LIKP-VSART  Shipping Type           
LIKP-BOLNR  Bill of Lading          
LIKP-XABLN  Goods Issue Slip No.    

LIKP-LFART   Delivery Type
LIKP-LSTEL   Loading Point.

I couldn't find any BAPI/FM which updates the above specified details.

Kindly assist in this regard.

P.S. We are trying to replace BDC by a BAPI.

Warm Regards,

Yogesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with the Function modules

WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE

WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE_2

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't find the specified fields (related to Shipping details) in the above mentioned Function Modules.

Regards,

Yogesh.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor

I don't think there is a BAPI for this. Can't speak about all the fields (although Delivery Type should be driven by copy control, I believe), but we have an interface that updates BOLNR and shipping cost and we couldn't find anything better than BDC. It was created just a couple of years ago and I doubt much has changed since then.

But if you find another solution - please do tell.

P.S. This is actually an ABAP question, not SD.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agreed. This is ABAP related question. But I just want to ask one thing that at what point you want to update these fields. I think these can be updated only with BDC. What are the problems you are facing with BDC? Why you want to replace.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to update those fields while changing the Outbound Delivery.

We already have BDC programs for the same but our client wants us to replace them by BAPI/FM.

FM 'WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE' updates most of the fields except LIKP-XABLN (GR/GI slip no.) and LIKP-VSART (Shipping type) and it posts Goods Receipt as well.

I have to insert a new partner (in 'Partner' tab) and a new event (in 'Dates' tab) in the header of the outbound delivery.

FM 'WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE' has provisions for the same but it's not working for me.

Regards,

Yogesh Babu K

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yogesh, I'm afraid I have some bad news for your client - even though it's XXI century, there is still no other way than BDC to do some things in SAP.

I hate strongly dislike BDC as much as the next guy but IMHO there is just not much value in replacing BDC that's proven to work (I assume) with an FM that is "not released" (even though we all know everybody is using it).

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would like to know how to update the following Shipment details of an Outbound Delivery

Where you want to update ?? In Delivery, In Shipment Document ???

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to update the details in the Outbound Delivery (VL02N) [Header Data - Shipment Tab].

Regards,

Yogesh

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check below BADI.

LE_SHP_DELIVERY_PROC

Regards, Sai Krishna.