cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS budget on multiple year invoice flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sap Colleagues,
I have a question about a change on budget on wbs control that my customer would like to implement.
I give a sample of the flow to clarify the problem.

2012 WBE X
- Commitment by purchase order ABC -> 500
- Budget (by CJ30) -> 1000
2013 WBE X
- Invoice by purchase order ABC -> 500 (no good receipt in the flow)
- Budget -> 800

The aim of my customer when he posts the invoice is to decrease the budget of 2012 and not the one of 2013.
The invoice has posting date in 2013, so I have doubts about a correct configuration of this change.
Multiple year budget or carryforward year budget should be excluded.
There may be alternative solutions?

Thanks
Regards
Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Steve,

As per the Budget functionality , there are two types of Budgets  Annual Budget / Overall Budget .

In Annual Budget :

The Budget must be carry forward as per the fiscal year .( CJCO )

And the Budget Commitment also must be carry forward  (  CJCF ) followed by CJ31 & CJ32 respectively . And try run CJEN and CJBN to restructure the AVAC functionality.

Where as in Overall Budget  : There is no need to carry forward the budget , It will be useful for long term projects .

And as per the your scenario if it is Overall budget : System will will not calculate previous year and current year budget , As per Sanjeev, It will combines the total budget .Since the commitment will be consumed form the total available budget .

We had to define the budget profile as per our business requirement.

Regards,

vrkumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjeev, Kumar, thanks for your answer.

We'll propose the implementation of good receipts in the process flow, because they don't want to carryforward the badget.

Thanks

Regards

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check OPS9 budget profile setting where budget is being used on total value or annual value and AVAC check in overall with release budget.

In Annual budget functionality you have to covered scenario as carry forward budget in net year

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

thanks for your prompt answer.

I checked OPS9: control is on annual values (no flag on total values).

So, the only mode to avoid block on postings, if budget on current year is less than invoice, is to carryforward the old budget to the current year, is it correct?

In my saple if the situation is the following I can't post the invoice:

2013 WBE X

- Invoice by purchase order ABC -> 500 (no good receipt in the flow)

- Budget -> 400

An exit could be useful or the posting date of the invoice can't avoid the control on current year?

Thanks

Regards

Stefano

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

First you have to carry forwarded budget in next year.

OR

Second flag mark on total budget also so that budget could check at both level annual or total value.

Regards,

Sanjeev