cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repositories for ECC, SRM, BW and Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Can anyone guide me in choosing repositories for SAP ECC -Ehp6, SRM, BI and Portal systems? Do we need to choose repository as "Business Suite AS ABAP" or "SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP (specific application swrver)" in SAP NW IDM 7.2

Also, for Portal based systems, where local Java UME is used for user repository, "SAP NetWeaver AS Java Repository" option is the right one for IDM repository?

Any one can guide me on configuring BPC (Business Planning and Consolidation), BO BI (Business Objects), BODM (Business Objects Disclosure Management) SAP systems for user provisioning using SAP NW IDM 7.2 where users will be created using CMC?

Thanks in advance,

Raju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Simona. It depends on your landscape.

To connect to an ERP system, you can use "SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP".

For SRM/CRM system you could also use the same if you intend to only use users/Roles in these systems. However, if you are going to use Business Partners and would need to make the assignments of BP to users via IdM, I believe you would have to use the "Business Suite AS ABAP".

For EP system you could use the "SAP NetWeaver AS Java Repository"

BPC/BO systems are NW Java. So you would have to use the same "SAP NetWeaver AS Java Repository".

As of now, for systems which use CMC to create users, there is no integration with IdM. It has been planned in future releases. Until then, you would still have to use CMC to create users. In few implementations for BO, I have seen the BI system is used as the Authentication type. Hence, all the users in BI would be available in BO.

Are you using BI for reporting IdM data ? There is a provision to create crystal reports which can directly query on IdM Tables. If this approach is not suitable, you would have to create a repository for BI using "VDS to BW Connection Repository"

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

As you can see, when you start with creating a repository, there are many choices depending on the systems you have to connect.

If you choose SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP(firs you must check if the system is load balanced or not, also there are other choices).

As for the BW - VDS to BW Connection Repository - this will work(you have to set the connection throw VDS and set the repository constants).

BR

Simona Lincheva