Configuration

- sap note 607604

- defined the stock determination rule

- assigned it to material and item category

Testing

- created purchase info record for consignment

- goods receipt of vendor consignment stock

- created sales order, delivery and post goods issue

Problem is in the post goods issue, movement type 601K correctly deducts the vendor consignment stock quantity, but it does not have any FI accounting posted even though it has a CO document posted to the COGS cost element. From the other threads on this topic, I read that during this PGI step the 601K should debit GRIR, credit COGS a/c.

Would like to find out what additional config steps needed in order to have the FI accounting posted for the 601K.

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have solved the issue, just posting the solution here for reference in case someone hits the same issue.

When I did the test sales posting I have to back date it, thus the posting date becomes earlier than the purchase info record validity date which by default is the current date. Without a valid price sap then post the consignment issue as zero value.therefore no accounting was generated in FI.

I changed the validity date of the PIR and after that accounting document is generated in FI.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

This is purely an integration between MM and FI. In order to have the account document for movement types there should be a G/L account for that movement type.

Please have discussion with your MM and FI guy. Anyway, you can check below threads for knowledge purpose.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1475574

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1673562

Regards, Sai krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sai Krishna,

Thanks for your reply. However in my case, it seems the system is able to determine the account since as I said it did post the CO document with the COGS account.  The 601K material document has zero amount and has a linked CO document posted. What I do not understand is why it posted only the CO side and not FI side.