cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Self Service Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have activated the PSS in GRC 10.0 box.For testing purpose I set 2 security question and when I try to reset my password I forgot the answers to those questions.I again changed the answers to security questions and  try to reset the password for my id.It says userid is locked.

Please help me with the issue to resolve it .

Secondly I need to understand for each system we need to create 1 entry in Maintain Password Self Service or how it is ??

Thirdly I did reset 1st time using this PSS for my ECC and the password got generated very long but still I am able to use my old password why is it so that even after reset old password is working?

Regards

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep

Issue 1 -

try if following webservice fixes the account lock issue. This would be used by System Administrators I assume. I suspect it "locks" the user in GRC based on number of failed attempts you allow in challenge response configuration.

grac_oif_user_pss_unlock - User unlock

Issue 2

• In SPRO - Maintain Connector Settings - you need to select each system that is relevant to PSS.
  • Within the End User PSS, once the user successfully enter the responses on the next step (select System) they will choose which systems to receive password for (based on systems selected as PSS and that they have access to)

The Challenge and Response Questions are not system specific

Issue 3A

You can shorten the password proposal based on SM30 PRGN_CUST configuration for the paramters listed below

• GEN_PSW_MAX_DIGITS    Values between login/min_password_digits and 40 (default) - max. number of digits in generic password (see Note 662466)
  • GEN_PSW_MAX_LENGTH    Values between login/min_password_lng - 40 (default)- max. password length of generated password (see Note 915488)
  • GEN_PSW_MAX_LETTERS    Values between login/min_password_letters and 40 (default) - max. number of letters in generated password (see Note 662466)
  • GEN_PSW_MAX_SPECIALS    Values between login/min_password_specials and 40 (default) - max.number of special characters in generated password (s.Note 662466)

Issue 3B

In terms of why old password looks - did it really reset - did you check the change documents in ECC for your account to see if it processed as it should have changed to a new initial password?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen

For Issue 3B:I checked there is no change document for the userid in SUIM.So what could be the reason why I got a mail saying your password has been reset to **** in ECC system .But actually it did not and I was able to use my old password.

Have I done the correct configuration for PSS.

Regards

Pradeep

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep

Unable to say if you did correct configuration or you have a system issue

You might want to try tracing your connector and the user which performs the password reset in the ECC.. I would consider looking at:

• Verify you did reset the password for your Id and for the ECC system
  • Look at your connector, especially SM59 to check the connection and which user connection is under (yours or a system user)
  • Check authorisations of the user in SM59 in ECC to ensure they have password reset access
  • Look at ST22, SM21 and SLG1 logs in GRC and ERP to see if there is an error

If all else fails, run a trace to look for where it is breaking down.

Also - is your ECC a standalone or connected to CUA? If connected to CUA you will need to set SCUM setting in CUA for password field to everywhere

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pradeep ,

Go to Access management tab -> Access request administration -> Manage passwoord self service ->search for the user which is locked and click on unlock user .

Hope this will help to resolve your issue .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Colleen for your never ending support.I really appreciate it 🙂

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Swati for your help 🙂

Regards

Pradeep

Answers (0)