cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding Screen Navigation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

There was a question in my mind. From MBO1 List View Can we directly navigate to MBO2 List View.

I have MBO screen and its corresponding MBO details screen. So instead of navigation to its Corresponding MBO detail screen, can i navigate to other screen say here CustomerDetail screen, which takes in an input parameter from the Universal_List and produces result based on the object query.

So anyone has any idea how do we do this or can we do any thing like this??

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hiii,

yes we can do this,

just go to mbo screen,

go to its menu item properties,

in that u'll find default success screen,

select your desired screen over there.....

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

But MBO1 is a List View screen

so there is no such default success Screen nor there is any option for invoking an object query of MBO2

Thanx

Regards

Dan_vL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Here are a couple of ways I would approach the problem.

Can you modify the MBO to return the desired information?

For example if using the included sample database and the employee and department tables and wished to show the department name in addition to the employee details, modify the SQL for the employees MBO to be something like

SELECT   emp_id, emp_fname, emp_lname, manager_id, department.dept_name FROM employee KEY JOIN department

If that is not possible and you wish to execute another query when the user navigates from the listview, you could do something like the following.

In the following case, the goal was to show the employee records and include in the details page the managers name.

I created two MBO,

emp

SELECT   emp_id,

emp_fname,

emp_lname,

manager_id

FROM sampledb.dba.employee

and

emp_mgr

SELECT emp_id AS mgr_id, emp_fname +' ' + emp_lname AS mgr_name FROM employee

Notice the use of AS to create attribute names which become key names that are different between the two MBO's.

This MBO has an object query named findManager that is defined as

SELECT x.* FROM emp_mgr x

WHERE x.mgr_id = :mgr_id_param

The hybrid app consists of a emp screen that shows a listview of the employees and a details page.

On the details screen add a custom action named GetMgrDetails which will perform an online request to call the findManager object query.  It will need to have its parameter mapping filled in and have its success screen set to the details screen.  Then add another textfield named Manager: and set its key to be the manager name returned from the GetMgrDetails object query.

Then in Custom.js

hwc.customAfterNavigateForward = function(screenKey, destScreenKey) {

if ((screenKey == "emp") && (destScreenKey == "empDetail")) {

menuItemCallbackempDetailGetMgrDetails();

}

};

Hope that helps,

Dan van Leeuwen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii,

Daniel explained almost in detail.

Just to reply your last snapshot, check by selecting Submit menu item properties,

u'll find default success screen there.

Regards

Ajay