cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate files from 7.0 to Portal 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have to migrate few reports in java from 7.0 to Portal 7.3.I have installed jdk 1.6 and NWDS 7.3.I have got the PAR file for the reports and I have converted that PAR file to EAR file using par migration tool.Now I have successfully imported that EAR file in NWDS 7.3.After importing that EAR file I got webmodule project and Enterprise project.I want to  deploy that it on Portal 7.3.Can Anybody tell how I can proceed the deployment part from NWDS 7.3.Iviews are already created for these reports on portal.

When I tried to build that project it has started showing errors in jsp pages (Cannot find the tag library descriptor for "tagLib" and imports cannot be resolved) and source file is also empty.I am not able to find any java classes.

I tried to deploy that EAR file directly from deployment perspective and I successfully deploy that .But I couldn't get that file on Portal.

Thanks & Regards

Rajni Garg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Double check that your PAR files actually contain source codes. Are you familiar with the attached link?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/04/6c444aa960490e8fe9e0361b7f39e7/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Samuli for your reply.I have double check my Par file,src folder is empty. I have read your link as well but I am facing some issues.

After importing EAR file into NWDS 7.3 , I have got 2 files  com.*.userrolemappings and com.*.userrolemappings_WEB as shown in screenshot.I have deploy that EAR file (which I got by converting PAR file to EAR file by PAR migration tool) on Portal 7.3 directly from deployment perspective and it is successfully deployed.I have got that on Portal 7.3 as well.But now I have made some changes in jsp page and now I want to deploy it again.But I am not able to deploy it, as EAR file is not getting generated for the project(com.userrolemappings_WEB).Can you please tell me how can I generate EAR file for that project.I am thinking once the EAR file will get generated for that project  then I can deploy that file to portal 7.3 by deployment perspective.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You obviously have to get rid of the compilation errors. Send a screenshot of the errors you are getting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli

Please find the attached screenshot for errors.

It is giving Cannot find the tag library descriptor for "tagLib"and for import statement it is saying the import com.sapportals.portal.prt.component cannot be resolved

and Undefined Type:com.*.model.PageDropDownModel.

Thanks & Regards

Rajni Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need a component reference in your portalapp.xml

<component-profile>

<property

name="tagLib"

value="/SERVICE/htmlb/taglib/htmlb.tld"/>

</component-profile>

That will only solve the compilation warnings (yellow) you are getting, the errors (red) are the ones you should be concerned about. Share the details of those if you are unable to solve the problem yourself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Component Reference is there in portalapp.xml.But still the warnings are coming  and the error Can not find the tag library descriptor for "tagLib" .

All others errors are resolved except one more issue that I am getting on jsp page i.e

Error  token "enum", class expected at this line .strRowCount1.setServerEvent(com.sapportals.htmlb.enum.EventTrigger.ON_BLUR, enterEvent1);

I have imported htmlb.jar file still it is giving.I have extrated that jar file and com.sapportals.htmlb.enum.EventTrigger  is there in that jar file.

Answers (0)