cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCo connection error

0 Kudos

Hello, I'm attempting to connect mi first PCo with a Simulation  KepServerEx V5, but I'm getting this error message:

I have my OPC Server install in the same computer, Windows 7 64-bit as a operative system and PCo 2.2 and MII 12.2.

I configured my clients in both DCOM and Server but the message still be the same, when I run the server client I can see tags with no problem so I think I'm forgetting something important in the process.

I have to say that I'm really new in MII and I have a lot to learn about it, could you help me with this issue ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your png file is not visible in the forum, can you please re-submit the file or provide the text of the error.

Regards, Steve

0 Kudos

Here is the picture

I hope it shows fine,

Text says:

Connectivity Framework Error, [Cannot start service KepServer DA Channel on computer '.'.] [Te service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it]

Thanks for your Interest Mr. Stubbs.

Regards, Moy.

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have not seen that error before. 

Which version of PCo are you running?

Which OPC Server are you using?

Also, can you provide a screen shot of the OPC DA Source Agent settings, and also of the associated Agent Instance?

Regards, Steve

0 Kudos

I start  Net. TCP Port Sharing Service  configuration and that problem resolved it, but now I have a new one, this message says:

"Can not configure agent instance [KEPServer5_DA_Agent] unless it is stopped"

I have installed

PCo

Version 2.200.894.206

Patchlevel 28528

OpcServer

KEPServerEX

V5.11.250.0

I hope you can help me.

Thanks again,

Regards, Moy.

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moy,

The PCo Agent Instance is running and cannot be modified until it is stopped, so you will see this message any time you select a running Agent Instance; the green arrow next to the Agent Instance name indicates that it is running,  Select the Agent Instance and then click on the red box above to Stop the Agent Instance. 

You are using a pretty old instance of PCo, recommend you update to the latest Service Pack and Patch level from Service Marketplace Product Support Portal.  The current version of PCo 2.2 is 2.203.1504.249 Patch level 36966, the file name to download is PCo22SP03P_5-10008692.exe.  Make an export of the current PCo Project before applying this patch so you will have a backup.

Regards, Steve

0 Kudos

Ok, I'm gonna upgrade application, I really appreciate your help,

Thanks a lot,

Greetings, Moy.

Answers (0)