cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast entry for 2051 Infotype

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

is it possible to record IT2051 entries using fast entry?

Generally the idea is to record individual rule for each day in a longer period (one year for example).

Please let me know.

Hubert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We use pa71 to do fast data entry on IT2003, and I believe that this should be the Infotype used to change the Daily Work Schedule that is defined through the Work Schedule Rule entered on IT0007.

For testing purpose, I modified a DWS in IT2051, that day's DWS became "not modifiable" (but showing the new DWS) in IT2051, and an IT2003 was created in the background.  That IT2003 was modifiable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the answer but unfortunately IT2003 is not enough.

I would like to record a new DWS but for a longer period and if I enter a record for more than one day

this rule will be used for each day and that is not what I want.

Basically I would like to record something like this:

Monday DWS1

Tuesday DWS2

Wednesday DWS3

Thursday DWS4

Friday DWS5

and so on for a period of one year. IT2003 is not suffice in this scenario.

As I understand PA71 could be used but you have to create your own custom screen and/or report.

Hubert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hubert

There is a UK Consulting Solution for Flexible Working Time that is offered as a package. Although it was developed for use in the UK, there is no particular reason why it couldn't be used in other countries. From what you say, I'm wondering if it could help with your requirement? It delivers a customer infotype 9888 (Individual Planned Working Time) into which an Administrator (back-end) or a manager via MSS can enter an employee's daily working times, including breaks. A batch programme is provided as part of the solution to copy the IT9888 values into IT2003. So once IT2003 is updated, the daily/weekly planned working time is available for consideration by time evaluation/payroll in the standard way. The solution is intended to reduce the number of work schedule rules needing to be configured, although the overall number of weekly hours entered in IT9888 should still reflect the total number of planned working hours in IT0007 for individuals. In this way, variable daily/weekly working hours can be entered and changed more easily, in advance.

If you think this could be of interest, you should contact your SAP account executive to find out more. Also, try the following link:

https://serviceportfolio.wdf.sap.corp:443/b2b_spm/init/(layout=6_4_9&uiarea=1)/.do?forward=viewdetai...

Best wishes,

Alison

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alison,

For sure you can use a custom way to enter the time, but I was wondering if there is a standard way to achieve this (or maybe I should say with least amount of customization).

From what I have found so far I see that there is no way to have a solution which would reflect my scenario in standard system.

Hubert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hubert

I agree with you & I don't think there is a way of doing what you want as standard.

The reason I suggested looking at the Flexible Working Time solution was only because it delivers the enhancements, such as customer infotype and validations, pre-configured and with integration provided to IT2003, time, payroll, etc. So, in a nutshell, if you decided to go for this non-standard approach, the package could save you time and minimise the degree of risk for adopting such an approach.

Kind regards,

Alison

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you don't think that you could create the multiple IT2003 required through pa71, why not consider creating them through t-code lsmw.  Then you could upload many thousand entries in a few minutes (and according to what you're saying, each employee will require some 365 entries per year).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

indeed LSMW might be the answer in this case.

The problem is with the holidays though - I will have to prepare LSMW with holiday calendar.

Need to to test it, thanks.

Hubert