cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

In our client log information is maintaining on netweaver server to view or download sourcing logs. But when log in the netweaver link i can download the log file but this file doesn't contain log details which we use for information instead it showing only exceptions which we throw in the script. Please help me to get log information along with exceptions.

For your information we are using Wave 7.0 and in Wave 5.0 we had option to select debug mode to get all log information but here we do not have any option to select debug mode.

Regards,

Gurvi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurvi,

In the NetWeaver admin console, there is a way to turn the debug logs on. If you have access to the NeWeaver admin tool, the configuration needs to be changed in the following path:

Configuration --> Infrastructure -->Log Configuration --> Click on the drop down for:

Show --> Tracing Logs.

Once you select that, then there will list of application loaded in the Location section

You need to Select E-Sourcing and change the severity value to "DEBUG"

Click on copy to subtree and then Save the configuration.

Once you do all the above steps, troubleshoot the error and now the logs should be available in DEBUIG mode as well.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Parankush

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parankush,

I have tried the steps you provided but i am not getting log info in log file. Not sure why this is not picking log info along with errors.

Regards,

Gurvi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurvi,

DEBUG logs can be enabled in the NetWeaver Admin console. You will require NW admin access to configure the logs.

Once you log in as NW admin, navigate to the following path:

Configuration -->Infrastructure -->Log Configuration.

In the drop down for Show, select Tracing Location

After you select Tracing locations, ESourcing will appear in the list of values under Location

Expand the ESourcing arrow and change the Severity to DEBUG. After doing that, click on Copy to Subtree. Save the configuration.

Replicate the error and now the logs will be captured in DEBUG mode as well.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Parankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Parankush,

Thank you for your exact answer.

Can you please help me to get the log file for current date. I felt in this netweaver logger it is very difficult to get the date wise log file and i did not see the option at all. Its taking lot of time to fetch log file. I have seen only option to download all application logs then filter by looking at date in the content of log file.

Regards,

Gurvi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurvi,

When you navigate to http://<nw_host:port>/nwa/logs all the logs are displayed.

In the result set displayed the third column is "Date" which has a value of 'yyyy-mm-dd'. You can change that value to the desired date, hit return which then will display the logs based on the desired date.

You can also filter by the Severity - info, debug, error etc.

Regards,

Parankush

SAP Sourcing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parankush,

This option is only to view the the log not to download. It is very difficult review the log in this manner. We do not have option to download the log from here is it? Not sure why they made this much difficult way to view the logs to review the errors and log info.

Regards,

Gurvi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurvi,

You should be able to filter and export the logs from NW. I have done it in the past to analyze errors and troubleshoot errors.

Were you able to turn debug logs on ?

Regards,

Parankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parankush,

I have tried the steps you provided but i am not getting log info in log file. Not sure why this is not picking log info along with errors.

Regards,

Gurvi.